Monday, December 11, 2006

Woah... I graduated!

Woah... I can't believe it, man! I graduated from CIMP - after a short stint of a year! Man... Canadian education definitely rocks! You learn much more in such a short span unlike on the Malaysian education system, you gotta spend 11 freakin' years in idiotic schools that are so biased, under - maintained, lousy teachers (Just a few, not all), and a freakin' motherfucking tedious education system! I shall get to that later... But 1st... Graduation!

Graduation!
Mm hmm... 'Ol Spiky has graduated. Not with flying colours, but still, alright la, with an average 71%. Oooo... Hahahahaha.... Graduation day... Woah... I woke up like 7.45, bathed, chatted a bit with nangi and Shakira and then spiked up real good and then headed off to college with them. We arrived at quite an okay time, went up with some familiar faces like Amir and Joe. Got the robes and stuff and it was an okay fit. Hehehehe... we sat in the lecture hall opposite room 4.12 and just sat there, waiting for people to pile in. There were loads more people I expected to come, actually. Finally, the "hero" of the day arrived, Mr Ali Anjum himself arrived. He was the valecditorian anyways, so we'd have to wait for him, I think. Hahahhaa... Anyways, we started to go into the MPH. I thought we were just gonna sit there and wait for the guests to pile up BUT it was the other way round! The guests were all there - parents, lecturers and photographers and all that were there already! Shit! I thought I could fool about while walking in but I was damned wrong when I walked in. Nuts! Hahahahhaa... They were all there, standing up in respect for us ( I think!). I was walking behind Caroline and there was this little bump in the red carpet we were walking on and she suddenly stopped so I sort of stumbled a bit forward, hitting her a bit. And it was like, in front of my mum and brother. Okay, I wouldn't say that was embarassing. We walked ahead and sat in our seats, specially reserved for graduates. Ooo... Hahahaha... SWEET! Boring talks from some Summers dude from Canada (big shot la), Jeffery Cheah's wife, Susan Cheah ( her mug was definitely a victim of a cosmetics bomb and facial-alteration potion - seeing as her face looked saggy and the make up was heavier than necessary, poor thing, such a tragedy, especially on such an auspicious day), Dr Rosemary herself and the the top wig or some big wig of Sunway, Elizabeth Lee. After all that freakin jazz, Ali had his shot at the podium and delivered his valecdi-whatsiscalled speech. It was nice, short and relevant. Everything that he said... made total sense to me. CIMP... is one of a kind. I shall never forget all the knowledge that I have gained from it and the people that I have met here. Though I may be off to VU, the people of CIMP will always be my number 1 priority. Amidst all the jumble of events, I remembered there was one part where they gave gifts to all those big wigs and Ali, and giving some recognition to the high scorers of CIMP. Some of them were people I knew, like Ali, Vi Ling, Wing Hoh, Xian Zhiong and Shakir. Congrats, guys! The last thing that happened was the giving out of the "certs" which were actually just cylindrical cases made out of toilet paper rolls containing 2 pieces of paper - one stating the graduates' names, the other with a poem by Rudyard Kipling, entitled If (which loads of people claim to have done back in high school - which I don't freaking remember). But still, the case opened up with a highly amusing "pop" sound. Whee~~!! Hahahahaha... After that, we went to collect our results... I got quite good marks, which I don't really remember, actually. All I know I scored 27 in the IB finals - WICKED SICK! And then... Pictures time! Whee... Here are some of the pics!




Joseph and Wing Hoh




Carol and Me



Deena - aiyo...



Ali started this batti moment!



Chan Xian Zhiong

There are a few more pics from my OWN digital camera that I've yet to pull out. I'm going to post them up here as soon as I get hold of that accursed transfer cable. So, be patient. Oh yeah, anyone who has the gra pics - send them over, my MSN has the auto-accept request on. So whether I am there or not, it will be accepted. Don't try anything funny ah!

Furious Rantings
Damn man... Talking about Malaysian education... Sheesshh!!! Who the fuck wants to learn so much MALAYSIAN and ISLAM history? Go shove a chalkboard up your ass, you idiotic minister! THINK, man, THINK! Would you study so much freakin' idiotic nonesense for the future?No! Why? 'Cause it is freaking.... I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T! Yeah, learnt a new word eh? GOOD! Jesus Christ, screw all that crap about preserving the culture and bullcrap, screw all the lowering of standards for the Bumis and start... yes, START teaching something actually useful that people need to survive in the world. Moral studies - Pfftt... Aha, right. If you don't score high, you don't have an inch of morality. Uh huh... Right. History - *groan* Add Maths - Another form of suicide. Math - Tedious English and EST - Hardly a challenge... If you want the Bumis to really excel, challenge them, not hand them a degree wrapped with pretty ribbons and a wine cooler to boot, morons. The science subjects... they're alright, but some schools... man... It's a huge problem. The impression that Malaysian people are under is that smart people go into science stream and the dumbos go into the art stream. Christ... "By year 2020, we will be a developed country," he said. Riigghhttt...

Well, I guess that's all, people. Any more pics that are sent to me shall be uploaded A.S.A.P. My personal pics shall be uploaded as well, of course. You guys can ask me for any pics that you want later on la, okay? Until then, peace out y'all!

No comments: