Saturday, December 16, 2006

Thought Provoking, Indeed

A really old friend of mine, all the way from primary school, some1 that I knew since Standard 1, called me up and started up a chat with me about the future. Stuff about where our degrees can take us and stuff like that. Turns out I am going the way that I CAN, not the way that I WANT. Marketing is gonna be me, using my MOUTH. That's something that I can do, not something that I want. What I want is to KNOW, to LEARN Psycology. Turns out that Uni isn't that all easy after all. There are different choices and outcomes and the similarities seem to becoming a whole lot more like larger differences. Oh dear... =P When the topic of the future came up, in the end I still wanted 2 pursue Psychology, in one way or another. Shakir later told me that I can pursue it through other courses when I am older but I don't have to go back into Uni. Hmm... Intriguing. Ah well, I guess that is rather a better idea. If I really wanted to do a degree in Psychology, I'd have to study freakin' Medicine. 1stly, I am not that smart nor the idea of getting out of Uni when I am so god damn old is appealing at ALL. Well, dreams of studying Psychology out the window for now. So let's just concentrate on what I CAN do, not what I WANT to do! Ah well... we'll see what happens la.

Random Rantings

Last night, after dinner at Sushi East (a very up and coming Jap restaurant behind Jusco in Ipoh), some things hit me as I saw the waiter that was serving us in the restaurant. He looked like some guy that was about my age but was in high school (not mine la) last time. Hmmm... It led me to think about the conversation that I had with Jin Ken while we were driving halfway across the state in the wrong way trying to look for Clearwater Sanctuary, a golf resort that he wanted to go to attend some Amway seminar (Amway, by the way - I hate it - He's been pestering me like mad about it and I hate it!). We were talking about what happened to some people in high school, and where were they now. There were people like me and him, who sort of studied hard and didn't exactly play the fool in school. Well, we did, but we didn't take it into the extreme la, I'm sure you'll understand. He ended in F6 with a bunch of other guys, which is, good la. I ended in SYUC, even better. There are other people who might've ended up in better places, which I applaud them for. And there are those idiots who used to be the ones with the hip social life and knows every girl in town. Ahhh... Honestly, (seriously, HONESTLY) I didn't envy them. Everyone knew what was going to happen to them. Man, come on, their test results are more than a subtle hint to show where exactly they are going. So, where are these so called "high-profile" people now? Lousy local colleges that no-one has EVER heard of, doing unheard of courses. To them, it's like "As long as I stay in college, and study anything, can la!". *groan* These people are sad, I tell you. Extremely sad. I feel guilty for pitying them. Serious. I know there are some people out there, who might not be reading this but will definitely be infuriated when they do read this. I know who these people are. Alright, let me tell you SPECIFICALLY what kind of people I deem as SAD cases...

  • Bragged about having a wonderful social life and knew loads of girls back at high school
  • Sneered at people who didn't have such a lifestyle
  • Wasted money and time in high school
  • In the end, got bad results
  • Has an ugly girlfriend (happens 90% of the time, trust me, I got the photos!)
  • No job
  • No educational institution wants to accept them
  • Has to re-sit SPM (you know who you are!)
So, yeah, these kind of people are SAD. I guess the guy that has the last laugh does laugh best. Muahahahhahahahahaha!!! Peace out y'all!

Note: If any of you guys find this offensive and I have offended you, apologies. I am referring to a small group of people only, not majority of the public.

No comments: