Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Hangover



Some people just can't handle Vegas

Actually I’m a bit overdue on this one but I’ve been kept occupied by a few matters and just plain ol’ procrastination.

Well, first off. The Hangover is most likely not shown in Malaysia. Just like Bruno. However, for Bruno the reasons are a lot more apparent. The prudes that make up the censorship board that banned Daredevil and changed “Hellboy” to “Super Sapiens” will definitely not allow a movie that sees excessive alcohol and partial substance abuse alongside a naked Chinese gangster with a potty mouth. So yeah, download it.

It’s actually been out in Australia for a few weeks now. Sometime close to the exam period… that’s about a bloody month ago!

But shit I’m glad I didn’t miss it. I recognize two of the actors of the four in this hilarious movie, one of the groomsmen and the groom. I can’t remember where I’ve seen the groom but the dude has played bit parts here and there, I’m damn sure. One of the groomsmen is Will from Alias or Jim Carrey’s best friend in Yes Man. Yeap.

This movie definitely goes down as one of the better comedies I’ve seen, if not, the best that I’ve seen, as it doesn’t rely on freakishly disgusting scenes, awkward sex, nasty incidents that stem from stoning or anything that comes to mind when you watch Eurotrip, Road Trip and any of the American Pie series.

The shit these 3 groomsmen have to go through because of their lack of memory of the previous night is hilarious. From stealing a police cruiser, Mike Tyson’s tiger, losing a tooth, marrying a stripper and “volunteering” for a tazer demonstration, the laughs start from beginning until the end.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating – 5/5 This comedy sits right next to the comedy greats that I have watched.

Oh yeah… and just watch like, the 1st 5 minutes of the credits. Some of their other escapades of the night were caught on camera and the pictures will roll then. Freakin’ hilarious!

Alright then. School starts coming Monday. Not exactly damn thrilled but hey… it’s the last semester ever. Probably. Meh.

Peace.

No comments: