Monday, June 1, 2009

Girly Shopping

I still have mental scars from the last time I went girly shopping. Carrying bags, aching feet and the inability to speak your mind without getting dirty stares and teeny little bruises made from unholy pinches from little fairy hands. Sheer terror.

Somehow, something compelled me (actually, no, I had ulterior motives) to follow Elly, Su, Jun Foong, Pui Yee to go girly shopping in Melbourne.

It’s not that bad. If you act like an asshole at first, they’ll stop asking for your opinions… and you can still tag along.

The benefit of girly shopping is that it gets you places where you usually wouldn’t go or would be awkward to step into and because Melbourne is crawling with hot chicks, there’re no better places for checking out hot chicks.

As fate would have it, I managed to go with a group of chicks that have rather expensive tastes. This is the 1st time that I’ve stepped into a LV and Gucci store. 2 brands that I know by heart sets itself part with its alleged self-made elite status in fashion.

Here comes the rant.

Alright, 1st off… I admit that I have no idea whatsoever the elite status that these brands have. And 2nd of all, I haven’t the slightest clue on what passes for a handbag.

But paying nearly 2000 AUD for a bag that has the same uncreative print with no other special features is something that Ol’ Spiky can’t freakin’ live with. I mean, alright… I admit that I have my fair share of unintelligent purchases. Actually, in retrospective, I’ve made worse unintelligent purchases than a LV and Gucci bag. Namely, Gundams and Legos. Essentially, it’s all eye candy and for the satisfaction of oneself but dude… 2000 AUD for a bag and 1000 for a wallet… put a gun to my head and squeeze the goddamned trigger any day man. I’ll even buy the gun for you, dude.

But damn man… I mean, alright, chicks getting handbags, sure thing. Paying buttloads for it, I can understand. I can accept chicks getting one a lot more than dudes getting one ‘cause usually some poor sap’s gonna get denied sex if he doesn’t fork out for his girl for one of those unholy fashion abortions.

But I saw dudes in that place. Wallet for 900 AUD? Damn man… are you gonna hang it on your neck or pierce it on your forehead?

Brand image is a terrible terrible monster. Same goes for those other elitist brands. Vaio. The amount of idiots that have told me that they’re getting a Vaio. Yes, I am calling you an idiot. Deal. With. It.

Su told me that once her uncle got her aunt an LV bag and they stopped arguing. So the LV bag’s a flashbang dude. The terrorists aren’t going to stop and start passing flowers, dude. Whatever your problems are… it doesn’t get solved by appealing to the materialistic side of people. Sure it does sometimes, but still doesn’t solve it.
So… say no to pointlessly expensive useless things and say yes to not-so-pointlessly expensive yet not-so-not-useless things.

Peace out y’all!

P.S: Man… fuck you fags that bought LV manbags. You gay!

No comments: