Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Down, Three To Go

Dayem… it’s finally here, that finals post that everyone does every semester. We somehow find new ways to express our pain and confidence in a pretty graphic manner. So far, I can’t say that I’m going to bleed from my ass any time now.

Had my DMO exam today. I’m pretty surprised I did alright, but what can I say, I was familiar with the stuff and I’ve been reading the stuff for almost a week now. To boot, I was fucking sick for the past 2 days. Fever, sore throat… Yeah, sounds like swine flue but I’m 100% fine now, except for the on and off bleeding nose.

Quite surprised I made it to the exam hall in one piece with a bleeding nose, a headache and was in the midst of recovering from a fever. Oh yeah, and drugged up too. I gotta break this record and turn up high on PCP for my next finals. Wait, didn’t someone already do that? Never mind, at least it’ll be a personal best.

Funny thing about having my first VU finals in Melbourne… VU Footscray doesn’t have its own hall for examinations. Damn. So we have to go all the way to this place called Melbourne Showgrounds to take our finals. VU specially booked 3 big ass buildings just for us. It’s so big, that finals for about 3-5 subjects are being held at the same time! I noticed that because the people on my sides were doing an MCQ examination while the people on their sides were doing the same paper as I was.

Nah, the funniest thing so far that I’ve seen is that there was this note on the outside, right below a note that talks about exam rules and regulations, that no holy scriptures, Bibles or Qurans were allowed in the exam hall. Hahahahaha…

Man, that’s just kooky. I can see what they’re getting at. Halfway through the exam, dude freaks out and starts praying out of the Bible but in reality he’s reciting some crap he doesn’t know shit about and looking at his own scribblings in the “Bible”. Yeah, I can see that happening. Maybe that’s what they were thinking about. Either that or they don’t want people like that to freak out others.

Alright then, my sleep cycle’s been fucked and I’m going to try and get it fixed. Peace out y’all.

No comments: