Friday, June 26, 2009

Epic. Classic. Legend. But Not So Much X-Files

So yeah… last night was one long night. Spent almost 12 hours outside the house on the wrong side of the day. Wait, is there a wrong side of the day? It’s all right, innit?

Anyways… last night I went to watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen!



Our War. Their World.

I thought the last Transformers was mind-blowing. One for the history books. And then later I thought the Dark Knight replaced Transformers’ place in that holy spot in my mind.

And trust me… what other movie can our generation say that defined us? Pirates? No thanks, I prefer to be referred to as part of a straight generation. The Twilight series? Nah, being a sexist generation wouldn’t do good if the future gets ruled by feminists. Not that being referred to as a sexist generation would do any good to any sort of interpretation of our current history and events. Let’s see… dumb president (Bush, not Obama, for you nitwits going “Oh shit, calling a black guy dumb! That’s racist!”), killing off the planet ourselves and uh… amoral activities. Yep. We have loads to be proud of.

Anyways. I wouldn’t go as far to say, but I would love to, that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be that one monolith that stands in history that defines our generation.

Why? Because the movie was fucking epic. There were way way way way way so much more robots this time round! More Decepticreeps than Autobots but that’s how it works anyways. Megan Fox still made the audience grab for the nearest box of tissues and hand lotion as soon as she came onto the screen.

*gasp* Ohhhh~ *pant*

Shia LeBeouf still is Sam Witwicky and he still knows only how to crack jokes, which aren’t half bad and does what he does best in most of his movies (except Disturbia) – RUN. Bastard gets to fondle two chicks in this film. Lucky sonnuvabitch. Pity the other one’s a… never mind.

Anyways… this movie is just epic. The robot battles, the scenery, the babes, the car chases, everything is fucking amazing.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating – 10/5 A historical 1st in my official blog ratings. Believe it.

Skip funerals. Crash weddings. Push nuns. Kill innocent bystanders. Do what you must to watch this.

And bring some tissues. It’s gonna be a mess at the end.

Now For the X-Files Part

Alright, it wasn’t that creepy. Let me just tell you what happened and not slip my deranged opinions into your head.

So I took the tram to the mall to catch Transformers 2. I got on, then Kang Wei got on at his stop. Halfway there we shifted seats where he was on the opposite seat while a chick was directly opposite me, on his left.

So on our way I commented on how the Sims 3 was to him. As we reached the mall and stood up to get off. The chick opposite me said, “Are you from Sunway?”

I was taken aback at first and then remembered that Kang Wei had a way with ladies back in the day and she’s probably one of those chicks that he had on his gazillion friends list back in Friendster or on Facebook that he never knew existed.

But her next line definitely was the last thing I’d expect. “Are you Yoong from Sunway?”

I was like, “????!!!!”

Yeah. I know.

So we got off the tram and continued asking her how she knew us and she went on to say that she doesn’t know many dudes that bought Sims 3.

Okay, that even spooked me out some more. Not only does she know my name, she knows what I bought?

I gotta lay off the sauce man.

Well, eventually it boiled down to the fact that my proclamations over the net must’ve caught the eye of a mutual friend of ours. And yeah, it turns as so as I started a small game of “20 Questions” with her.

Turns out her name is Vivian. Or at least that’s the common spelling. She’s in her last year in VU, majoring in Accounting, Banking and Finance and knows some other people that I know in Student Village that are in the same course, namely Su Xuan and Alicia, Aaron’s friend.

Small world. But joined in hands by Sims 3. Awesome.

Alrighty then. I probably should drop a note on the recent and unfortunate departure of a great muse for crude comedy, a great performer and artist, the wackiest celebrity and the most child-loving man out there, Michael Jackson but let’s leave it for another time.

Probably should drop another note on Patricia’s departure from Australia as well. Let’s leave that for another day when I have time to type.

Peace out y’all!

No comments: