Saturday, October 3, 2009

300th Post

Wow. Here it is again. Another 100 posts down! Can't say I have huge news to celebrate this *cough* auspicious post.

Went to VII last night with some friends but the host fell ill few hours prior to the shindig. I was already in the city having a catch-up dinner with Wai Chien since she was in the city that day too.

Not much to say about the VII shindig... but I just wasn't feeling it that night so I bailed early. I'm kind of glad I did, 'cause otherwise I would have missed the fireworks that was going down in the pizza place below my place.

So I stepped into Charlie's, ordered a pizza, sat down and watched Dracula, Prince of Darkness that was playing on the little TV in the shop. Not the Keanu Reeves one, or the Dead and Loving It version (although the latter was a stitch!) but a much older version.

5 Indians walked out from the back, started talking near the counter where I was sitting down. 3 left and the last 2 were debating whether to get another drink or not. One was a skinny ass dude and had car keys in his hand. Another one was kinda huge and had tattoos on one arm.

This Viet guy stepped in from behind too and tried to start some trouble, like telling the huge Indian dude about going home to India or some shit. Eventually it escalated and next thing I know, the Viet dude and his pals are on the outside trying to get in, and the owner, Charlie and the skinny Indian dude was restraining the big Indian dude from getting out. Eventually Charlie lets go, the Viet dude comes in and hits the Indian dude a bit.

The Indian dude charges out, into the street and the Viet dude gets him in the head with a flying plastic chair. Pow. Ownage. Next thing I know, these dudes bail into the night and another dude behind me starts calling the cops. My pizza gets done, Charlie starts sweeping fresh beer and glass off the floor and I bail after paying.

Alcohol. Sheesh. Only thing you should do with alcohol, is party hard, probably have a good night, high five a couple of strangers on your way back home and possibly perform opera on the sidewalk. That's it. Nuff' said. Don't go looking for trouble 'cause just 'cause you can't feel pain doesn't mean you're invincible. Drink responsibly!

Peace.

No comments: