Sunday, October 11, 2009

Feed the Flame

It's definitely been awhile since I've picked up a guitar over and over again after such a long time, but the familiar touch of strings underneath your fingers definitely is a fresh welcome hug.

I wonder what this post is really for. There's a lot I haven't talked about... namely my snow trip at Mt. Buller, the Royal Melbourne Show, what do those laments of the Pierrot mean and my thoughts of going home soon.

I don't know... At times I feel that going back, there's still so much uncertainty, despite the fact that it's my home. I've never really liked Ipoh after living in Sunway for so long, and now living in a place like Footscray has definitely increased my dislike for Ipoh.

My cousin is getting married soon. In fact, she's getting married on the 28th of November, that's like, a month away. Really happy for her. Of course she's invited the whole family and stuff like that but currently my grandma and her sisters are in a cold war. Old people. Sheesh.

The sins of the elders are paid for by their kin, huh?

Funny story, my mum called me up the other day and first thing she said is, "We gotta chop your 'hawk off"

The hell that's gonna happen. No one touches the 'hawk! It might have been a mistake but I've definitely learnt to embrace the 'hawk. Then again, her reason is 'cause of the wedding. No way they're gonna let me walk in, in a suit sporting a 'hawk. Gonna get the relatives talking.

But SERIOUSLY, I hate the fact how these... families... or rather, let's put it more broadly, how society works. Just 'cause you ain't got the nuts to work outside the box, it really doesn't give you the right to judge others that dare to so. Big words for a hypocrite, I know.

Sometimes I feel like just running away, just away from family, y'know. Or at least, the relatives. Not so much the family.

Ever get that feeling?

I know I do.

Peace.

1 comment:

py said...

I have the same feeling as u, run away from relatives but not family, my family always a pillar for me to hold on :) I've been thinking alot lately too, going back is a big big step for me to do so. Yes, I miss my home but to be honest, I feel like I want to be here more than going back but it all comes back to one word "family", I guess this is the hard part of our decision but together we work it out, alright? ^_^ When will u be going back to food land?