Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ta Kip!

I’ll go ahead and explain it later after a bit of a back story regarding this odd choice of post title. Without mentioning names, one of my friends got mugged at knife point by two dudes, one Tamil and the other one Malay. Low lifes. One from the front, the other from the back with their knives on his neck. As usual, they asked for cash and hand phone. Long story short, he managed to semi-escape them and lost just RM 150. I would say he was pretty unlucky. This all happened at the bend near the surau nearby Sunway University College, where there isn’t a single light illuminating that road until the next road that leads straight into Indahvilla. It happened at 2.30 a.m, 25th September.

Yesterday midnight, I just couldn’t sleep so I got up, ordered a small snack and then watched the Sarah Conner Chronicles while eating. Halfway through my roti susu, I heard a girl scream from outside. After living for 3 years in an area dominated by college and uni students, one can tell when girls are screaming in a party, drunk, and when a girl is screaming for her dear life. So random people that had balconies overlooking the aforementioned dark area came out and started shouting and shit. 1st thing I saw was this girl running back up the bend, towards the li’l park near the college side gate. Some other dudes say that they saw the muggers run towards the area between those rundown Sunway apartments and the second-hand car lots and a bike chasing them. Security guard, I guess.

It’s kinda scary to think that a place like Sunway has came down to this… But anyways, seeing as I was thinking about these 2 incidents, I remembered how Chinese muggers would go and say “Ta Kip!” which kind of means “This is a robbery/mugging!” in Cantonese. The phrase then reminded me of this dumb ass, uh, acquaintance of mine back in high school. He had a rather sick way of doing things… How sick? Let me graphically illustrate, he would take any opportunity to run his finger or a card-like object, up the crack of your ass and go “Whoo!” and at other times he would come from behind you and stick his index finger and middle finger together into your ribs or something and say, “Ta Kip!” So, yeah… damn. Dude’s in Scotland or Ireland now… probably jumped plane ‘cause that guy was one fucked up idiot to begin with.

I digress. So, for those of you those are reading this and happen to live in the Sunway area, keep away from that area and stick to the main road. Walk under well-lit areas in the night and all that trash.

Well, this post kind of feels like a public safety announcement kind of shit… Hehehhee… Anyways, stay safe and study hard. Geez, I sound like Captain Planet or some of those 90s TV heroes. Peace out y’all!

P.S: Futsal tonight was fucking amazing… Played with an unbalanced team and still managed to win. Unfortunately, I sprained my shoulder a bit. Should be fine for Sunday’s big match. Yea-yeah~!

No comments: