Friday, September 19, 2008

Fringe



Remember a pimp called Baby Powder from How High?

It’s that season where the assignments start piling up and all the TV series start their engines again. Talk about a test of resisting temptation, dude. I seriously have nothing much going on in my life right now except just going to class, doing my assignments, chilling with these guys and watching TV shows and old movies. Sounds pathetic? At least I’m not attending uni while staying with mommy and daddy.

Brilliant one-liners aside, Rikaz recently needed the services of my silver hard disk. Yes, the silver one, not the black one. Happiness is in the silver one, euphoria… or rather, rapture’s in the black one, mind you. Seeing as in his latest post he confesses to be a maniacal fan of a diverse selection of shows that deserve awards by the truckloads and also of shows that just plain define you as a faggot. Unfortunately for Rikaz, he watches more of the latter. Therefore, I don’t need to say anymore.

Anyways, a new series has landed! One that I find wildly intriguing, to be absolutely honest. The show of course, is called Fringe and it is co-created by JJ Abrams, same lad who brought you greats like Cloverfield, Alias and that over-praised whirlwind of irresponsible story-writing, Lost. That guy has too many ideas and too little follow-ups.

I would define Fringe, as a mix of Eureka, a whole lotta X-Files and a teeny sprinkle of 24 since terrorism is in the mix. It’s not as scary as X-Files but it comes close to being as far out as Eureka. I’ve watched the pilot and it is fucking awesome. The opening scene where they show how a whole plane gets infected with one sick motherfucking virus is just… woah. It was SERIOUSLY a bad decision to watch that opening scene while eating dinner.

It’s better off that you guys go see it when M’sia starts airing it, which would probably be in a few years, since, well, need I say… It’s M’sia. We were the people who were still wondering if Ross would propose to Rachael when Oprah was already doing her post-Friends special episode on Star World.

Where might you get all this junk, you ask me? Well, torrents, of course. I’ve never been a fan of torrents, honestly. They rarely have good old stuff on and it’s only available for a limited time only. I prefer the ol’ downloading the ZIP/RAR files and putting them together after like, 3-8 downloads. Yeah, I’m old school, son. Alright, for those of you who aren’t into torrents like yours truly, I’ve set up a link to this site where they share loads of new TV shows and I hear that it’s updated really quickly. Almost as quickly as a day after the episode’s been aired. Yeah~

Alrighty then, I need to get to uni to work on the piling assignments. Peace out y’all and may the Force be with you.

No comments: