Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brickfilms

Even when I was pretty much a hardcore Sims 2 player, I remember liking to search for Sims 2 videos on YouTube. The best things I’ve found on that site are definitely the music videos that fans have made by using Sims 2. Here’re 2 of the best ones I’ve found so far…

Avril Lavigne – Sk8er Boi



My Chemical Romance – Helena



It’s amazing how much time and devotion that these people have! Beautifully directed, I must say. Anyways, the real thing that I wanted to share with you guys are the Brickfilms. Brickfilms are basically videos, be they short or not that are made entirely using stop-motion animation (like Robot Chicken, for those of you who are familiar with Seth Green’s work). Basically stop-motion animation is a film that is constructed using thousands of still pictures running quickly, creating the illusion of movement and so on. By using this technique, one can use toys and such to make a film. The specialty of Brickfilms is that these stop-motion animations are made entirely out of Lego.

Ever since the purchase of my Lego Batmobile, I went and searched for videos of it and I found the advertisement they used. It seems that the ad for the Batmobile is gone but I found it again at Lego’s official website for their Batman products. Just look under short movies and go to the Batman vs. Mr. Freeze/Two-Face video. It’s not stop-motion but it’s entirely 3D and it’s quite nice. Anyways, the real treasure here is this collection of pretty funny Batman videos made by this dude. Check it out.

Lego Batman’s Girlfriend



Lego Batman: The Sidecar



Lego Batman and Robin Go Undercover



Lego Batman: The Robin



Voice acting’s a bit crappy, whiny and kiddish but the dialogue’s pretty funny. Here’re three more Batman videos made by fans using Lego. The first one was made with the dude’s own custom-made figures seeing as this was made a few years before Lego even began producing Batman sets. Real hardcore fan, I’d say. The 2nd video is a bit better than the 1st ‘cause it’s less darker but the voice acting’s pretty crappy. The last one is definitely the best and along the way you will recognize some lines and references from all the Batman movies. Look out for the Joel Schumacher one. Hehehehe…

Batman Revenge



Batman: Faces of Evil



Batman Rebuilt



There’s another set of YouTube Brickfilms that I would like to post but I’ll leave that for next time. It seems that 95% of the class had pretty much bombed the Marketing Research assignment. Apparently none of us really understand the meaning of a “literature review”. Our bitch of a lecturer never did offer much help of useful non-aggressive advice anyways. Trust VU to hire such people. A’ite then, peace out y’all.

No comments: