Friday, September 12, 2008

Bright, Cold Morning

Damn man, it’s only 8.20 a.m. At least another hour until class. Last night I was at the com lab around 8.30 pm, trying to finish the MR assignment. Real easy stuff, a five minute assignment. Unfortunately I took a few minutes longer than I expected while taking a leak and the com lab was closing when I was halfway through. Damn… Either way, after today’s lecture, I’m going to wrap it up, wait for these guys to be done with Friday prayers and grab my basketball shoes from the cobbler. Damn things have been torn for awhile now and I badly want to play futsal after listening to the amazing stories. I know I’m not going to score like a motherfucker but still, the prospect of shoving some idiot around sounds like great fun!

Heard that some of these guy’s rivals are getting better. These guys have a different strategy altogether. We have few very good guys – Rushdi, Shakir, Rikaz, Raashid and maybe even Nizmi. Yep, all brown dudes. These other dudes, they try to beat quality with quantity. Works at times but when it comes to gaining momentum, I guess being in there longer is the key to getting your game on.

There’s a game on tonight, let’s see what happens then! Ngyeh ngyeh ngyeh…

Personal God

I don’t really understand the term properly but I have heard of it. I don’t know how exactly one might term it but I guess the meaning would be somewhat how a person perceives God in their own light.

I’ve decided to change my perspective as well. I am no longer an atheist. I have long established the fact that I am, how do we say, at odds with God. Aw fuck it, I hate the motherfucker. Bitch has been in my face for ages. Anyways, since you can’t hate something that you don’t believe in, I had to start believing. Believe in his existence, not his so-called “divinity”.

But I digress, big time. So, I see my relationship with God in this way… Urgh, it even pains me to type his name with a capital G. I swear I’m not joking. Bleargh. Anyways, I see me and God as two travelling companions. He knows the path by heart and I’m the one travelling it, of course. I will bad-mouth him at any chance I get and he will kick me down on the glass shards on some parts of the road we’re travelling and also occasionally stab me in the back to prove a point. Then sometimes he passes me candy. So I would say we’ve got quite a unique like-loathe relationship. Yeah, it’s not even a love-hate relationship. Both sides slide down a notch.

Alrighty then, I think that’s enough for one morning. Peace out y’all!

P.S: Happy Fasting to all Muslims. Ramadhan Mubarak.

No comments: