Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Here In My Home – Wha…?

I first saw that Malaysian Artists For Unity song, Here in My Home or whatever the name is video on Joseph’s blog and I was really skeptical about it. So a few weeks back while I was in vicinity if an Astro remote, I somehow flipped to the Hitz.tv channel. They were playing parts of that song and I wasn’t really paying attention and either way, it sounded pretty sucky.

Just only I flipped the channel to Hitz.tv and they started playing that song I thought, “Let’s see what are they really talking about”. Fuck… the words that they were using were really fancy and all and made absolutely no sense nor relevance. The artists participating for the song are either really patriotic or they seriously have no idea what the hell are they doing.

In my head I made a quick comparison of this song and another pointless and nonsensical song, Get Free by the Vines. Let’s start comparing, shall we? Starting with our home-bred song, we have various competent artists and musicians in our country working on this and it sounds half-assed, pointless and doesn’t make much sense except for the chorus.

Now, for another pointless song. First, of all, it was written by a guy who had Asperger’s Syndrome. Imagine a watered down version of autism with a slight social problem twist. There we go. The tune itself is incredible and the singer’s voice is unique probably due to his aforementioned illness. Damn…

In my head right now,


Malaysian Artists – 0

Dude with brain problem - 1

Now where can I turn in my citizenship?

All in good humor. Peace out y’all.

No comments: