Sunday, March 1, 2009

So Far So Good

Written: Saturday, 28.2.2009

Alright... so far here in Melbourne, the weather’s been fluctuating like insanity. Usually in M’sia you only get one kind, hot, wet and annoying at times. It got the warmest on Friday and today it reduced once more, like about 10 degrees tops! I think I’ve gotten used to it ‘cause I didn’t really mind the weather today.

Well, 1st of all, I’ve completed my 1st week of classes but not without any funny incidents though. Well, let’s see... I met a Serbian chick, Tanya. Nice girl. Hey guys, bohot garam yaaarrr... Also met this chick, Vanessa, mainland Chinese chick. Passed her my number. Some people call this working fast. I call this luck. Whatever it is... Got quite a few things other than chicks on this section. Alright, let’s see, locked myself out of the house for the 1st time and it’s not even been a month since I’ve been here. Smashing. Huge fiasco that was. I just kept thinking to myself what an idiotic fuck I was but eventually I settled down and saw the humour in the situation. First, I tried asking my neighbours for their keys because everyones keys can open the main doors so what’s the chance that some keys can open multiple doors? The last door to my apartment’s left was the first place I knocked on because I actually heard someone close the fridge, which is really close to the door. Funnily enough, a Chinese chick with some rather nice assets in a skimpy little negligee opened the door. I forgot for awhile why I was there but eventually picked my tongue off the floor. She was a no-go though. So, took the train past sundown for the 1st time all the way to Blackburn where my uncle was to crash there for the night. Next morning, me and couz went to get the spare at the agency. Problem solved right there.

Other issue regarding uni are that VU’s suffering from the economy crisis as well and they’re cutting 270 personnel from admin staff to lecturers so the people here are having a strike, 3 weeks in a row, 2 days per week so it wouldn’t impact the students as well. It seems that 2 of VU’s campuses, one in Melton and another in Sunbury has been closed down already. Huge bummer, dude. So, yeah, I have 2 lecturers that haven’t said shit, 1 that is totally against it and another that’s all for it. I don’t understand the one that’s against it. He’s gonna get axed as well but he’s against it... Normally people are either for it, or just don’t give a shit. This dude’s obviously been hitting the bong one too many times man. Well, the lecturer that’s concerned about it are urging us to show our support by turning up during those strike days. I just arrived in this country and it may be my uni, but I’ve never loved VU because of the pricks at Malaysia. But I haven’t grown fond of this VU yet and I sure as hell not gonna sacrifice time for something that I just got to know. So yeah, it’s just not my fight until it starts giving me trouble.

Well... that’s pretty much how to sum up the whole of this week. Today me and Kang Wei went to meet some more of his high school friends. One of the chicks from last week sans the sister and two more dudes, one was Tommy which I think I’ve seen in either CIMP or VU. We went to another restaurant in an alley in Chinatown once more. Had dumplings once more... Damn man, that shit... is the bomb. Just can’t get enough of fried dumplings or steamed dumplings man... Shanghainese food! Man, I’m being such a yellow person. I can’t believe it, of all places I’ve found my inner yellow man and I found my inner brown man in Malaysia. How ironic is that?

After that we went to JB Hi-Fi (did I spell that right?), some franchise that specializes in computer wares, games, music CDs, MP3 playes, iPods, gaming consoles and the like. Kang Wei wanted to buy an iPod. Alright, I’ve never owned an iPod of any kind (cue applause) and have always used my phone as my MP3 player. Here’s my opening on the topic of the worldwide phenomena known as the iPod, it’s the world’s most common and overated product with the best marketing team. Now, here’s a rant that’s been probably locked away for a long time in the back of my head. Now, see here. Tell me what an iPod does. It plays music. Sure, it’s got that nifty screen, arrange your music, playlists, adjust the equalizer and other versions, even watch videos. So, yeah, tell me. Mainly... an iPod’s function is to listen to music. So does it make it sound any better? Perhaps. How much better? Not that much, you say. Interesting. So yeah, why the fuck do people buy iPods? Sure, it’s sleek and beautiful but is it worth like, a 1000 ringgits? If it can suck my dick, yeah, I’d pay that. Yeah, the langauage’s a bit harsher than usual ‘cause it’s the only way to get the point across sometimes. So, seriously, tell me, honestly. What does your iPod do that’s worth that much? And which form of mental sickness did you pick up that compelled you to even buy the iPod. No, tell me, seriously.

Alright, rant done. *phew*

After convincing Kang Wei with a partial version of my rant up there, he settled on a normal Sony MP3 player. Good lad. After that, these dudes checked out some special Chinese shop that sold Asian shows. I wasn’t too interested so I stepped out for a breather. We headed off to one of the sports equipment shopping districts to look at basketballs and basketball shoes ‘cause the crew that I hang with now is more inclined towards basketball. Damn.



And then I saw this futsal ball...

I suddenly felt this wave over me that just made me realize how much I miss playing futsal with these dudes. I miss Rushdi performing acts of pure insanity with the ball, Rikaz just fumbling around, Rahul losing his head at times, Zabrin ripping a hole into the net, Shakir cutting someone and well, most likely tapping the ball in a bit too softly, Raashid just doing his thang and Nizmi crashing into the side netting everytime he ran down a flank with the ball. I miss Piumi, Nix and Nabila sometimes being at the sidelines too. I miss FUTSAL!!!

These dudes met someone that they knew at the shop, huge coincedence. After scouting the shop, we went over to St. Kilda’s place and that place was CHOOIIYYY~... The sun was nice and warm and a rather strong sea breeze was just hammering the place. Took a few places of the place as well...



Spotted this fella just chilling at the beach



See those little parachutes?



Little pier right there



Just to prove I was there! And also that Kang Wei's a bad photographer!



Me and Kang Wei at St.Kilda's Pier



Me, further down the pier



The right side of the beach



Waves aren't strong enough, see?



Down the other side of the pier



Loads of people just walking about and fishing on the pier



The St. Kilda Pier Kiosk

There were dudes uh... shit, I forgot the name. You know, using those parachutes to surf. Parasurf? I have no idea... Anyways, the wind was hammering us all the way down the pier and all along the beach. The waves here weren’t hard enough to surf so these dudes have to resort to this instead. Saw a chick sunbathing topless for the first time. Regrettably also saw a dude, which was being pointed out by his possibly drunk friends, that he was wearing a thong. Now I have to gouge my eyes out and wash them in industrial grade bleach. We walked all the way to the end of the pier but didn’t turn into the yacht parking area and walked back and turned into the right side of the bea ch. There was a little cafe there pumping some music, a few families, couples and just groups of people just either sunbathing, playing in the water or just playing. Further down the boardwalk, there was this chick that was sunbathing topless. I’ve already anticipated this mentally so I didn’t have to pick my tongue of the ground. On the way to catch the tram back to Flinder’s Station, we stopped by Luna Park, the park that Jillian and Wai Chien had told me about going to during Monash’s O-week events. It’s a seriously small place with roughly 10 rides tops. You just pay 37 bucks and it’s unlimited rides. There’s no entry fee, you just walk in and the ticket counter is right in the middle. No idea if there’re actually guards on every ride that check if you got a ticket, though. But honestly, I wouldn’t pay above 20 bucks for a place like this. The rides are limited and the rollercoaster’s lower than my house!

Anyways, straight after that we dashed off to the tram and Tommy went off first and me and Kang Wei left at Flinder’s Station. As usual it would be a short ride back to Footscray but there was some delay to the train coming and in between there was some delay as well. Reached Footscray soon enough and I got off the tram first as it stops at my place 1st before KW’s.
Well, that’s pretty much it. Today I’m going into the city again to meet Wai Chien after a long time. A’ite then. Peace out y’all!

No comments: