Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hippie Hour

So yeah... Earth Hour. One of the most talked about events for the past few weeks. I have received Facebook invitations to "attend" this event but the ignore button was hit on so quickly that you can't say "Two tickets to Timbuktoo".

I know these lads back in Sunway wouldn't even bother or aren't even aware of the whole event so hearing nothing regarding the whole shindig doesn't shock me one bit. However, one dude here in Australia did come up to me on MSN and ask me about it and I gave the most indifferent answer I could muster.

"I don't care."

He went on to say that the Earth is our mother and we should love her.

I was *this* close to buying him lillies, a "Peace" symbol necklace and the John Lennon autobiography and shove him into the road to preach that line.

Look... I do not have the mentality of a Captain Planet villian, so don't bring your angry mob on me screaming blue murder. I just read Wing Hoh's latest post on the same issue and he has definitely said everything that I would've said... except mine would be a lot more harsh on those dudes that hopped on the bandwagon to look cool. Sometimes you wish there were more swear words than "fuck".

Anyways... cheers to the *ahem* tree huggers and their valiant yet somehow rather futile crusade. I wish you all the best, especially those who've been at it for years. And for those of you who just jumped ship because it seemed like the cool thing to do, chard bun ka pasina.

Peace out y'all.

No comments: