Thursday, March 5, 2009

To Pay the Price

Anyways, on Sunday I went to the city again, without Kang Wei this time to meet up with Wai Chien, old time friend all the way back from CIMP. She’s studying in Monash Clayton right now, under a exchange student programme. We met up at the Flinders’ Station and went on to Chinatown, again... 2 weekends in a row I’ve been there now to get some lunch. I wanted to find back that psuedo Shanghainese restaurant that I went to with KW, Tommy and the rest of them the previous day but I forgot which alley it was in. Eventually I stumbled into a familiar restaurant which was the place that I was to on my 1st weekend. Hehehehe... Funny how things turn out.

Ate whatever they had served there and had a good long talk about how the education system in M’sia has gotten even more fucked up. Or rather, how much more pressure parents are putting children through even when they’re in kindergarten. It seems they’ve upped the curve and pushed primary school subjects down into the kindergarten level. Damn man, I was learning my ABCs and 123s when I was kindergarten... Now these kids are doing double digit addition and grammar, punctation and all that shit. It’s just pure bullshit, man. Are we trying to make a generation of super geniuses here? Seriously, now the kids deserve more downtime than ever. They’re seriously earning every hour of TV and computer gaming time with this studying bullshit that’s going on.

After that, I took her to Waterfront Mall for that marble slab ice cream. It’s called Rock Mountain over here but it’s just plain called Marble Slab back in Dubai. Didn’t get a chance to try in Dubai but I guess it’s about the same over here. After getting some ice-cream we went over to the pier to check out the view. Woah man... It was my lucky day. There was a car show over there, showcasing old classics from USA, customized and so on. Here’s a sample of what I saw, the rest are on my Facebook page, which I think most people have already seen...



The Lady Luck motif is seriously impressive



Reminded me a lot of the Ecto 1 and Adam West's Batmobile!



Yeah, it still needs to get cranked



Wicked paint job, don't you agree?



Insane engine mods on an old classic



Now that's teaching an old dog new tricks, eh?



One of the newer Corvettes on display



Kick-ass sound system in the trunk



Old school hearse, available to rent for special funerals, for real



A li'l tombstone explaining the history of this ride


After that we bounced back to Flinders’ Station and we went our seperate ways home. My place is closer but Clayton’s a real bitch to travel to. Anyways.. that’s done with that day. I finally survived a week without incident! No losing keys, nothing. Tight...

Well, this week’s strike is off ‘cause negotiations are actually going on. Good for the lecturers, half good and bad for us for obvious reasons. Anyways... the weather here’s always an issue. It’s below 20 degrees for the past 2 days. Freakin’ shitty Melbourne weather but listening to Denise talk about Ireland’s weather makes me feel warm already. No wonder the Irish drink so bloody much.

A’ite then... Got nothing much to talk about. Oh, read about the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan cricketeers in Pakistan. Damn shame. Finished about half of Lego Batman... leaving just the villian missions left only. I have half a mind to go resell this back to the place I bought it and get my next game at half price, but what should I get next? Ah phooey... Whatever, I’ll keep this. This’s a nice game anyways.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: