Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Left 4 Boredom

Melbourne’s not so boring... Footscray is... Or maybe all of Australia’s like such. After say 7, or 8 p.m, everyone just goes home, lock themselves up and watches TV until they fall asleep. Or they really really quietly sneak out at night into the bars and pubs and then end up in a police line for a breathalyser test. I think mis-spelt that but what the hell. Well, that’s my opinion so far because Footscray (my current place) is quiet as hell after the afermentioned hours. It’s just so damn creepy and unsettling! But then again, I’m getting weird chills down my spine as I type this because I’m pumping some rad techno into my head. I guess I’m creeped out by the sudden noise even mor e but then again, I’m head bopping to these awesome beats.

Anyways... yeah, been hanging around the city and such during the weekend. On Saturday, I went out with Kang Wei to meet some of his old high school buddies in the city. Just 2 girls. Sisters. Chinese, but thankfully not typical M’sian Chinese girls that think camwhoring, acting cute and being a fashion disaster sustains their lifeforce. Nice people, even better looking. Had a good time with them, had lunch at a chink restaurant, cracked a few jokes to wash out the usual unsocialble me (when it concerns other M’sians that is).Discussed the city a bit. Told them all about what tourist shit that I’ve done so far with my mum and bro. Yeah, went to the aquarium, nothing special there. They had this “special” showcase of penguins. Really nice things but then again, like I joked, “It’s not like they had swimming kangaroos there or something!” Told them about the Melbourne River Cruise as well. The Yarra Raiver’s water is on par with M’sian waters. Brown, murky and probably have fish with two heads, a tentacle or three and spikes for teeth. After lunch we went to Waterfront Mall, it’s open air mall that’s by the Melbourne docks. By then the wind had picked up and was killing us tropical climate people. But nevertheless we managed to get a good look at a lot of stuff... checked the prices for shoes, especially basketball shoes since mine are torn as hell. It’ll last, but not for long! The main attraction there is shopping (DUH), loads of nice shops and shit... branded or otherwise... nice selection all round but no gelato! Damn it, love that shit man! Hahahaha...

The other attraction there is definitely that huge ferris wheel. It’s kinda like M’sia’s own uh, was it called the Millenium Eye? Or was that the name of another gigantic ferris wheel? I don’t know... but it was similar in design but unfortunately broke down in the summer due to the extreme heat ( which was weeks ago) and the nuts and bolts started to expand pass the limit and caused damage all over. It’s not down on the ground pinning hapless people or anything but it’s a hazard to get on it nonetheless. We took a few pictures here and there...



Waterfront Mall entrance



Alternative side shot



The waterfront itself. Water here's nice and blue, unlike the river!



Further down the boardwalk



City view from the docks



An alternative shot... further to the right.

It’s a seriously nice place... Only place in M’sia that reminded me of this place is the Curve, but this place is swankier and doesn’t have those little kiosks in the middle that’re peddling overpriced psuedo-Petaling Street wares. Yeah... so we eventually ditched the chicks and went back to Footscray ‘cause in the night, it’s supposed to be dangerous! I can see why... it’s so damn quiet out there who knows who’ll stick one up your gut from behind.

Anyways, been playing Left 4 Dead like nothing now on the Australian GG servers. Would love nothing more than pawn my fellow M’sians but the sucky Streamyx connection never helps and those fairy boys that have the teeniest ounce of IT knowledge will start hammering you with indignities regarding your mum’s nether region and whatnot... so I think I’ll pass. Luckily it’s starting to pick up a bit here in Australia but some of our versions are different so some people can’t play with other people. Bummer. Whatever it is, I got onto the Garena site and found a useful forum post that gives specific instructions on how to update it and all that junk. Unfortunately, one of the vital patches that is needed, and listed on by the dude, is unavailable. I already sent a PM over to ask him to make it available ‘cause I was kinda halfway through the updating steps and I would love to finish off the damned thing.

Whatever it is... So far it’s just been me and Kang Wei playing and we’ve yet to finish any of the final missions. The hospital one, I got whacked off the roof by that damned Tank. The airport stage one... the “fort” is totally unprotected. It’s just a minigun, a table, with the usual Medpacks, ammo and nifty guns. Even the damned farmhouse is better equipped. Speaking of which, the damned farm house final stage doesn’t have bombs! I checked everywhere but there were none in sight! Not even a damned Molotov!!! A pipe bomb would be wonderful but these zombies don’t come altogether so one would be absolutely insufficient. Damn it.

Anyways... classes started today. Monday... but I have no classes on Monday. Whoop-de-doo. It’s gonna be a seriously lazy semester but I hope that’s not the case ‘cause this is the 3rd year, man. So that means it’s gloves off, it’s time to rumble or get bloody raped.

So yeah... all the best that’re here in Australia for the first time to study and also to the others back in M’sia for your studies! Peace out y’all!

No comments: