Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gone Fishing

Yeah... went fishing yesterday with Palm, Eric and Kang Wei. It's the second time I've went fishing but at least it was better than my 1st time, which was the day before yesterday. The first day we went to Maribynong River to fish and caught nothing except a starfish and a teeny weeny fish. Australia's got quite some fishing laws so that the environment stays balanced. So... small fishes need to be let go. The party that day was me, Palm, Eric and Elly. Palm's the master fisherman here since he's kinda like the babysitter, attaching hooks, setting up gear and getting bait hooked but me and Eric have gotten the hang of the gear. I don't have a fishing license yet but will get one soon. It's pretty cheap for a year so it should be cool. A cheap fishing rod will be cool. I'm not looking to catch a swordfish or something. Here're some pictures of the 1st day's catch.



Eric's 1st catch of the day - a starfish



The second catch - measly little bugger



Marinybong River



Elly just chilling with her DS

The next day we went to Williamstown Beach which was actually not far from Footscray but the damned GPS that Eric bought was definitely possessed by some insane serial killer’s soul ‘cause it lead us there using the most insane ways that were available. There were 3 major incidents in the way there, aside from many, many wrong turns. One, we nearly mowed down an old lady leaving McDs. Two, we nearly got mowed down at a roundabout by an Optimus Prime-looking truck. Three, we U-turned from the outside lane, gaining the wrath of a BMW driver. However, we eventually got there in one piece. Walked down quite a stretch and eventually reached a little rock formation that jutted out into the sea.




Fisherman Palm, B-boy Kang Wei and Apprentice Fisherman Eric



Eric's 1st catch.



Pretty tiny, eh?



The crew at work



Williamstown Beach deserted



Huge ass jellyfish



Enjoying the sun setting on the beach



Cruise ship in the distance



Total tally of the day!

As you can see, the tally of the day is 4 teeny fishes. Another dude that was on that rock formation, a Lebanese man, who has been in Australia for 28 years caught 4 huge ones. Enough to last him a few days. Lucky guy!

I’m starting to like this fishing gig. I might just buy some crummy old rod and get at it. Hehehhee...

Anyways, seriously tired now. Haven’t had a decent night’s sleep on 2 days so I need to crash now. Peace out y’all.

P.S: I feel asleep in class today. First time ever but it was intentional. Heh heh heh... Funnily enough, apparently made some sound while I was sleeping. Can’t say I was embarrassed ‘cause I would’ve loved to see myself in the act. It would’ve been hilarious!

No comments: