Thursday, August 2, 2007

One Day Off

I suppose it's too early into the semester to take the day off but what the hell, man. Anyways, it's mainly because that Rushdi's sister came all the way from Dubai to M'sia for a few days to hang with him so we decided to take her to Genting. Yeah, Genting again. Seems like Saad has been there more times than I have although I stay here. Pitiful. Alright, it was 26 bucks per person and it covers the bus ride there and back, the cable car ride and the theme park. Anyways, the whole bunch of Kundy's Paradise went except for Kundy of course. So, it was me, Rushdi, Rikaz and Shakir plus Rushdi's sister, Yasmin, Piumi, Fathima and Altaf. Yeah, I'm the only yellow guy there, as always. We all decided to bunk class since the bus left at 12 except for Shakir who had a really early class and it ended like, around 10.30-11.00. Somehow... eventhough we were all at home and had slept at night, peacefully or otherwise, (I know I didn't) we had to rush to KL Central to catch the god-damn bus. Because there was 9 of us, one cab had to have 5 and the other, 4. Rushdi, Yasmin, Piumi and Shakir went ahead of us and then we had some trouble getting our ride but Saad being Saad managed to convince the cab driver to take 5 of us for a good price. Fuck man, if you guys know Saad being himself when it comes to lying and negotiating and you actually understand urdu, you'd knock yourself in the head for the things he says. Anyways, we all got there with roughly 10-15 minutes to spare before the bus left. When we arrived, the other 4 were upstairs and were coming down. Rikaz and Altaf went up to get some food and Shakir went off for a toilet break. Strangely enough, Rikaz and Altaf came back without us harassing them to hurry the fuck up even though they went to buy food and we all know what a hassle it can be sometimes. God knows what Shakir was doing during his toilet break... We managed to get onto the bus on time and had a small humorous talk with the bus driver before boarding because of Saad, as usual. The seats that we had were 11-19. I sat in 11 and Altaf next to me. Rushdi and Saad were southeast from us and Yasmin and Fathima were behind us. Piumi and Shakir were behind them and Rikax next to them and he was sitting next to a chinese lady. Saad started making the usual jokes in urdu like "Rikaz is getting busy" and the usual "This is your pilot speaking..." and ending with "bada dik-dik" and all that crap. Peshawaar-style of course.

Pe . sha . waar [pe-sha-war] - noun - A place in Pakistan where the people are so dense they sell you laptops according to their weight and since there's no such word as "laptop" in urdu, they call it the "bada calculator" which basically means "big calculator". 'Nuff said.

Side Note: An author once wrote a book in Peshawaar and it had 500 pages. In the 1st page, it was written that a man got onto his horse and in the end, it said that a man got off the horse. The pages in the middle were basically the noise that a horse makes when it gallops: dik-dik-dik-dik. Bear in mind the sound is to the interpretation of the author. Therefore, the term "bada dik-dik" refers to stupidity of some sort and a relation to the general consensus of Peshawaar. The validity of this alleged book is still in debate in the Court of Peshawaar itself.

Alright, glad I cleared that up. While Saad continued making his jokes, Altaf ate the food that he bought and commented how nice the buns are in M'sia and no other foreign person that he knows has realised that yet. Strange. Eventually everyone quieted down and I started blasting music and kind of dozed off and we reached Genting Skyway. Hm, it's only an hour away from KL Central. Nice... We got off quickly and boarded the cabel cars. Everyone went into the same car except Saad and Altaf because Saad jokingly told Altaf to go alone and he actually did. Saad eventually got off and joined Altaf in the other car.

*insert numerous gay jokes made by everyone*

Before exiting the building into the air, Rikaz voiced his fear and it was fucking funny! He looked so damn scared and constipated as we ascended towards the top of Genting. We, of course, couldn't pass up the chance to terrify him further.

"Hey man, there's a trail of blood on the ground"

"That's one long drop, Rikaz"

*Cable car rumbles as it passes through one of the towers that keep the lines steady*

"RIKKAAZZ~! We're going to die!!!"

"Look man, there's a pool of blood down there. Look, there's a pack of Malboro Lights. That's how smokers die, man."

"Man, there'll be a trail of pee on the way up, man"


That's all the comments I could remember and it was FUCKING funny, man. I laughed my balls out looking at his expressions. He was so scared and looking so damn constipated, he just cracked me up. He was so nervous he couldn't even light up as well. Hahahahahaha... The rest of the ride was spent taking pictures of people and the awesome surroundings. We also joked about how Saad and Altaf were doing in the cable car before us. Eventually we reached Genting and we did a mock cheer for Rikaz. He immedietly got out and lit up at the 1st chance. We walked in further and had some Baskin Robbins. Yeah, sounds kind of dumb but what the hell, I have the day off. We travelled around led by Saad against the signs that were showing us the way to the theme park and we eventually got in. Excellent... We tried out the flying chairs first and everyone was talking about their previous experiences in theme parks. Most of us were in for all the rides like me, Altaf, Rushdi, Saad and Rikaz. The girls were, well, girls, of course but I think Yasmin and Fathima went for all the rides that we took. Shakir was *ahem* being chicken about some rides especially roller coasters and that "Pirate Ship" ride. Can't blame the poor lad. It's basically a huge swing but after much coaxing we got him in. We took that mini roller coaster after the flying chairs and then the boat thing afterwards. Man, everyone else complained of butterflies in their stomachs during and after the ride but all I felt was my balls being yanked back and forth in a fucking annoying way. I swear my sack was dislocated after the ride.

@@

The mini coaster thing was cool and Saad and Rushdi were talking about taking a left at the top most turn into the Pet Shop above us. Absolutely hilarious. Right after that we went for the corkscrew rollercoaster ride which kind of overlapped the go-kart track. The karts looked and moved really badly. I bet Genting got it from Peshawaar. Later on, we tried to get to the Sky Shot ride but it was under maintainence. Damn! It was the coolest ride of all the Genting rides. Shit... Anyways, we tried to get to the Dinosour Adventure thingy but it was closed as well. Maybe it's the fog. We couldn't see anything that was 10 metres ahead of us, I think. We had some of that corn in a cup, chips and cotton candy while passing by and a few of them went for the bumper boat thing. Me, Altaf and Rushdi didn't 'cause Rushdi simply didn't want to 'cause he had experienced this before and me and Altaf were too heavy (the max weight was 75 kgs) so the rest went while we sat down and I had something to eat. It was only then I kinda realized that I didn't have a proper lunch or breakfast. Since we had plenty of time left, we went to the Pirate Ship again and the same thing happened to me nuts. Blast it. Before we could walk up towards the Sky Shot again, Saad called and told us that they were outside the theme park and going for the Flying Coaster, the ride that I took with U-Jun, Hui, Kang Wei and the rest the last time I went there in June. Me, Altaf, Rushdi, Yasmin and Fathima went for it. Shakir and Rikaz went to pray and Piumi and Saad waited outside 'cause they had already done it before. After finishing 2 rounds, we went in and had Burger King as a sort of, lunch. I saw one really hot chinese chick there but she was there with her boyfriend or her brother. Curses. After we ate, we wanted to go for the 4D Motion Master ride but we had to wait for the next show which was like, 7.30. It was around 6.40 when we got there so me, Altaf, Rushdi, Yasmin, Shakir and Piumi went to buy the tickets for the 7.30 show. We walked around, checking out the shops until then and I tried some red bean soup at the nearby store and it sucked balls. I tricked them into believing I was drinking dog soup since they were absolutely oblivious to the type of stuff that they were selling in the area. Hahahahaha... We went for the 4D thing after I was done drinking the "dog soup". I told them what it really was later, though. I had a feeling that the movie was going to suck balls since it was a real hit like, 10+ years ago. Sure as hell I was right again. Yasmin and Piumi were complaining that it looked more like double vision than actual 3D. The 4D ones in Aussieland were so much more better and one of them was a environmental awareness video as well.

THE SHAME!

Right after the 5 minute clip of pure rubbish, we rushed to the Skytrain and descended back to the bus terminal. Our cable car didn't have a light and the ride down was really really something else. The cool weather added with the sounds of wild animals and crickets in the forest below was amazing. There were the usual glaring lights on the cable towers but it was really really amazing. We had roughly 10 minutes to spare before the bus left and we took some pictures. We left right on the clock and reached KL Central really quickly 'cause we were all asleep. Saad had ordered a cab before snoozing and he took the girls and Rushdi with him when we arrived in Central. Me, Altaf, Shakir and Rikaz got a cab and arrived in Sunway quicker than they did. God knows where they went. We had dinner at Mohamed's and the remainder of the night was filled with sheesha smoke and recollections of the past few hours in Genting. A day off well spent, I must say. I haven't got the pictures from Fathima, Yasmin, Piumi or Shakir yet but I will post them all A.S.A.P., I swear.

Sheesha!!!

Never thought this day would come, man. On Tuesday night, Saad came over to stay the night 'cause we were all going to Genting the next day. He arrived at Sunway around 8-ish and dragged me, Rikaz and Rushdi to Carrefour so he could buy a sheesha. I also wanted to buy a small one for my personal use. I saw a really nice small and elegant black sheesha and asked Saad to buy it for me. While Saad employed his usual unorthodox and ludricous bargaining/negotiation methods, I went to have dinner at Kenny Roger's and Rushdi accompanied me.

Side Note: Don't try their new promotion. It sucks balls.

Anyways, halfway through my dinner, Saad calls me up and tells me to buy his old sheesha so he can buy a HUGE new one. Well, I said yes and he bought a nice large one. We smoked both that night and his sheesha had a slightly emptier but smoother taste and it had a lingering metal taste in it because it was new. His old one, or rather, mine had been smoked many times and tasted as tight as it had in months before.

I think I have some other random stuff to blog about but just can't remember what. Ah well, I'll do it some other time. You guys are welcome to come and smoke the new sheesha with me.

=D

Peace out y'all!

No comments: