Friday, August 17, 2007

100th Post, Bitches!

Snap~! I can't believe it, man. My 100th post. Well, I never really thought about reaching this hallmark but shit... I'm here! At 1st I used this blog to vent my feelings and stuff like that but I feel that it hasn't strayed far from it's roots. I guess it's alright. There have been happy, funny and depressing posts throughout Beneath the Thorn's tenure but all in all, I am quite satisfied with my work with it. Shucks. Enough about it la, I've got a long way to go!

SMI's Sucky Play - Hercules

The moment I stepped into the building I saw banners with the Marvel's depiction of the Greek demigod plastered on it. It wasn't a picture from the comics but a picture of the toy. A bust, I would say. There were some of those hanging banners with Disney's depiction of Hercules as well. Oh boy... I could've easily bought a pack of ciggies (breaking my vow in the process) and smoke the night away outside in the parking lot but I opted not to and instead watch the damn thing. Let's just set one thing straight. SMI is a school full of retards. Anyone else that begs to differ can suck my ding dongs MANY MANY TIMES. You have been warned. Anyways, the play started out exactly like the Disney movie, the same way that they did Mulan 2 years ago as well. The director was creative, ain’t she? 1st thing I knew was that the mics were fucked up and these bitches (The Muses) were ugly as hell and I am damn sure they be some hookers from Cowan Hotel.

Snap~!

Plus, they can’t sing to save themselves from their pimp. Actually, none of these guys can act nor sing. The imps that serve Hades were good, though, I actually thought there were twins. Hades was alright as well. Of course the comedic lines he uttered in the movie had much more effect but these guys can’t act la. Initially I had joked with my brother and mother that they should cast a black dude as Herc. My wish got quite close as they had chosen a fat, annoying Indian kid as young Herc. Oh yeah, they casted a rather muscular dude for Herc, of course but he was one ugly son of a bitch! Hell, the whole cast was bullshit! Nuff’ said! Here’re some rather lousy pictures from the play. I used a N73 to take the pics and the lighting of the stage didn’t help. Enjoy what you can, lads.



Young Herc played by an Indian kid



Young Herc with his parents



Young Herc with Pegasus



Young Herc and Zeus



The centuar (now with prosthetics) and Meg



A fully-grown Hercules and Phil



The homo-looking imps



The hookers from Cowan Street, I mean, the Muses



Hercules defeating the Hydra (it's on the damn floor)



The Titans - equipped with deadly egg tray armour pieces!!!



Hades and his homo-looking imps



Ending



Ending 2


Horrible quality, I know, but what to do, I forgot my camera. Ah well. The holidays have started and everyone knows there’s an assignment that’s due not far away. Better get cracking at it, then. Anyways, I’m pretty excited about Ramadhan coming up since I am, after all, living with roughly 3-5 Muslim dudes. This should be an exciting Ramadhan, no? Heh heh heh… Peace out y’all.

No comments: