Saturday, January 20, 2007

Freakin Shit!

ARGH! My precious earphones! My Sonicgear earphones have been vandalized! Tortured! Sodomised! Raped, even! Shakir is not gonna be happy when he finds out his gift has been taken care of in such an ill manner. Partially it was my fault and my brother's fault as well... Damn that kid. I, being messy me, left the earphones on the bed and it was deceptively disguised under the pillows and blankets. My brother traipsed across it and stepped on it. Oh the pain that betides thy heart when I heard a ominous plastic crunch. How it pains me to recall this most henious incident. I quickly grabbed my dear earphones and noticed a piece of plastic dropping out of it. Tides of anguish washed over me as I saw the right earpiece dangling from the mainframe by a mere wire. Oh, the pain... Oh, the horror. As I quickly scrambled my mind to repair it, part of me knew it would never be perfect again. I pushed the wire back in and tried to get the earpiece in place. I got it in, but how do I get it to stay there. I asked my brother to atone for his sins and go downstairs to fetch me some rubber bands. I wrapped around the inside of the earpiece, past the soft part (which I removed beforehand) and stuffed some paper in the outer part to make it stay in place. Later I put some sticky tape to put the soft part back. It seems that it was a lot tougher to put it back since the releasing mechanism might have been damaged as well. Oh, woe betide me. It looks almost the same, except for the noticable piece of paper wedged nearby the earpiece and the plethora of rubber bands that cover it. I plugged it into my laptop and luckily the sound still works. *phew* Guess I don't have to slice my bro's balls off yet. He gets off, for now. Here's the aftermath...



Franken-earphones

Yeah, not a pretty sight. *sigh* At least it still works. But it will never be the same *sniff* Anyways, go check out Wing Hoh's blog, amazing stuff there about how Rain and Johor is inter-related. I couldn't have said any better than he did. Peace out y'all!

No comments: