Thursday, January 11, 2007

All Quiet on The Western Front

It's some famous line that my mum got from some movie that she used to utter everytime we get somewhere there should be loads of people but oddly enough the place resembles a ghost town. Yeah, somehow life these days seem like that. Nothing seems to be happening at all. Nothing extravagant, that is. Mild stuff as usual...

Old stomping grounds re-visited

I went to visit Seri Putera again this time with a new bunch of guys. The last time was with Jin and was supposed to be with Whales as well but that guy overslept. Bugger. Luckily didn't wait for him. So he asked me to go with him again. This time I asked Chee Hoe as well since he was on holiday as well, but not for long, I heard. One more week left, according to him, and then back to Politeknik Tengku Omar to repair air-cons. Should keep his number in handy just in case my unit starts having weird leaks around the air-con. Heh heh heh... Anyways, the last time I was there we talked a whole lot more, since it was just me and Jin and Pn Doreen insisted we talked to her. Even asked some kid to come fetch us to the class she was in. Sheesh... Patience. Well, after that short visit to Seri Putera (Whales and Chee Hoe went oddly quiet since arriving), we decided to make an unplanned visit to me and Whales' primary school. La Salle. Yeah, I know, I heard of other La Salle schools out there in the country. Christian schools la, from what I heard and see in the whole architecture and design of all the buildings I've been to so far. I haven't been back at primary school since I went back once (and that was during the year end holidays) to accompany my brother while he got his UPSR results. It's in quite a sad state, same like Seri Putera. Deteriorating students... The whole place's falling apart as well. I guess one could say that the sad state of these two schools are somehow connected la. I heard from one the remaining teachers that taught me before, Pn Tam, that most kids from other areas nearby Ipoh like Kampung Simee, Bercham, Gunung Rapat and so on don't come to La Salle anymore because there are new schools around those areas already. However, there have been cases where these students transfer back because of one reason or another. Lack of resources, perhaps? Who knows. Alright, so that explains the sad state of La Salle. Seri Putera deteriorated greatly becuase they were not getting heavily-educated-in-english kids (like from La Salle, since it IS a christian school) and all the other kids from Malay schools and Chinese schools. I'm not being an ass here but from what I see from the state of every high school, those students that have a capacity in English seem to stand out more than the others especially in academic terms and sometimes other extra-curricular activities that has a relation to academic stuff, like debates and shit like that. So, yeah, that's what I think.

Guitar Rehab

I'm going through some serious rehab. I'm taking Danny and Joseph's advice to relearn my notes and stuff to get better. Hopefully they'll give me a chance to join their band. I don't mind if they refuse me for some Monash dude, 'cause it only proves I am not good enough. So... I will work harder! I might even form my own band but I need to know some good musicians in Victoria University that are unclaimed for. Hopefully can get a band together and have good jamming times and *hopefully* get a gig sometime in the near future. Heh heh heh... One could say this guitar rehab thing is a New Year's resolution, but I have never thought of it this way. It's just that I lust for the feeling of creating music myself. Mm hmm... Skin from my fingers are peeling off again. Has it been that long? It's just 2 months since I've touched my guitar and the skin's reacting to it this way? Hmmm... Never mind la. Going to get some tabs to practice on and then try to learn to tune by ear like everyone else.

Chinese New Year Buffet Dinner

Yeah, baby, the ONE shindig that I totally look forward to is next month! 7 p.m, 18th of February, or the 1st day of New Year in the chinese sense, my family (or rather my grandma) is throwing the annual buffet dinner at Casuarina. All of my CIMP peeps are invited. The only problem or problems you'll most likely run into is the fact that it is a dinner, at night, and it's in Ipoh, and accomodation. I can provide accomodation at my house. I have one free guest room with two single beds. I can move into other rooms to sleep and you guys can take the other rooms to sleep as well, if you wish. So, come if you want to. You are all invited! No worries, siaoness is allowed. I can invite as many guests as I want to, according to my grandma. Hahahahahaha... So, if you guys want to come, please tell me beforehand and if you need accomadation or a tour of Ipoh, tell me, a'ite? Excellent... I will send out some SMS-es soon to some people that I would really like to come. You other guys... just come! You're all welcome!

Fucked up net

Fucked up. Big time. Can't download my shit. Oddly enough it goes at lightspeed in the dead of the morning. 5 a.m to around 7 a.m. Maybe it goes at that speed after 10 p.m as well. However, I sleep so damn early, I have no time to test this theory. Yes, yes, I realize people have died in Taiwan, yadiyadiya. I should pity them and not bitch about the net connection. SERIOUSLY... Yeah, I do pity. But if I go on long enough about the pityful people... that would be a bit too much, no? Nuff' said.

CIMP restarted

I SO wish I can be back in CIMP. Every other ex CIMP-ian agrees with me as well. Felt kinda jealous for some of them that went back (WS, Danny and Amir and a few more people) and peered into the classes. I would be jealous as well, man... Best year EVER. No competition. No arguments. HANDS DOWN. From what I heard so far from some 2nd-sem dudes and dudettes this year is that Indons are flooding the damn place again. More than last sem as well! Jesus Christ... Not that it's a bad thing, but... it's weird. Other than that, there is this new schedule as well. Increased class times.. new lecturers... and Friday has no classes? =S I must ask those 2nd-sem people on how they're going spend their Fridays. It's just plain unorthodox in my books to have no classes on a Friday... You still have to go but for other reasons la.. presentations, guest lectures and some other stuff. Odd, indeed. I am worried about the new council though. Heard that some people are going for the posts. Hopefully they'll be better than us and at least get a prom up and running la. Oh yeah, one more thing. There's some dude, that wants to run for president... Okay, I can't exactly say any names here, just in case some unwanted eyes are looking here... Let's just say he ain't leadership material. Or a figure of morality. Nuff' said. Hope he doesn't even BOTHER to sign up. *groan*

Guess that's as much as I have to say this time. Peace out y'all.

No comments: