Friday, February 20, 2009

Settling In

My mum and bro just left my place a few hours back. They probably haven’t boarded the plane yet but they’re pretty much gone from this country. They’re probably wandering around Melbourne Airport looking for food! Hehehehe...

So this is it... Day 1, Year 1 of 1 (for now) in Melbourne, Australia! It’s seriously way too quiet around here. There’re students starting to pop up around this apartment but I bet just a few have just moved into this establishment. I know for a fact that there’s a couple staying on my floor, just down the hall, an Malaysian Indian dude living near the front entrance right downstairs and 2 apartments that have inhabitants on the 2nd floor ‘cause since their electricity hasn’t been connected yet, they’ve been mooching off the building’s own power supply by making a line from one of the hall switches right into their room! Hopefully everyone will get their electricity soon ‘cause this’s just one huge pain in the ass ‘cause you’re in a foreign country and you’re already in a jam and probably have no one to call on.

Anyways, did my enrolment shit 2 days ago. Took a lot longer than usual because VU fucked up. Hm, apparently VU HERE fucks up as well. So it’s not a Malaysian thing. Hm, it’s still too early to tell though. We’ll see. We had to refill that giant ass enrolment form all over again, talk to some academic, uh... guides that’ll check whether your subjects were in order. I don’t know whether they were being nice or what when I was telling them about my failed subject but they seemed rather incredulous at the fact that I failed it when I said I went in with full confidence.
Well, the weather here has been increasingly fatal... it’s getting colder and colder. I’m walking around in 3 layers of clothing and these white kids are riding against the wind on the teeny weeny BMXes with nothing but gloves, a singlet and a pair of shorts. Fuck. So much for enjoying the natural air-conditioning. Peh.

Also, I just realized how much I spent in a day... My McDonalds dinner was 13 bucks... I did eat a bit tonight since I was damn hungry but then again, a McDonalds meal doesn’t come below 5 bucks ever. I spent almost half my weekly allowance in a DAY! Alright, maybe since it’s my 1st alone here and I do need loads of junk, that’s no excuse! So, I guess something’s gotta give... And so be it! I will survive!

With that, I bid thee adieu and wish that anyone and everyone reading this prays for my survival in the white man’s country. Peace out y’all!

No comments: