Monday, February 2, 2009

Annual Affair

Yup, every Chinese New Year, my family, once again hosts the buffet dinner at Casuarina. This time the turnout from KL was a tad better since Rushdi, Rahul, Altaf, Yaseen, Rikaz and his brother, Rumaiz had turned up for the shindig.

Chinese New Year was as Chinese New Year as it always is. Relatives coming and money being given. I don't even open my ang pows anymore because it usually stays the same amount like the last time and rarely it gets more and may God have mercy on that poor relative's soul if it gets less.

I had an amazing time with these dudes while they were in Ipoh, 1st day we were stuck roaming around town in my Vios... 7 dudes in one Vios. Yeah, I know you've got better stories but still, it's not about how amazing it is, it's about how cramped it is.

First night was the dinner, we went, laughed our asses off. After that we went hunting for sheesha, was a tad tough since Ipoh hasn't exactly established the whole sheesha thing yet but as I suspected, Greentown Business Centre was the 1st 2 pick it up. They were amatuers of course and I am seriously not exxagerating when I say that 5 out of 7 of us could have made the sheesha better and faster than those dudes we were getting sheesha from. Not much smoke meant not much flavour. Not much flavour meant not much fun.

Next day was a tad slow since I wasn't available for lunch and dinner, as that was the 2nd day of the Lunar New Year but I managed to get my aunt's Inova (did I spell that right?) to transport these guys around! Thanks, the car was really helpful! Took them to one of those temples in a cave, Kek Look Tong in the afternoon before I went for another buffet dinner. These dudes went to Greentown by themselves and had dinner there and I joined them later and we went to I-net but the games there were kinda crappy.

Next day we went to Sunway Tambun and had a brilliant time there but it's just a watered down version of the original Sunway Lagoon. Only 2-3 tube rides, 1 teeny wave pool, 4 normal rides and one motherfucking dirty ass jacuzzi. Spent about 3 hours there and finished the night off at Imax while these guys had an intense session of Left 4 Dead there. Awesome game! I would love to give it a spin before I go to Australia. Rumaiz inducted himself into our Hall of Fame that night alone with his antics during the game. 

Twas a heartbreaking moment sending them off home to KL via train but all good things come to an end. Cliched, yeah, I thought so too. Less than 2 more weeks to Australia and possibly every good thing that was in store has been done. Peace out y'all.

No comments: