Sunday, February 15, 2009

Connected!

Alrighty then... finally got my Aussie number! Optus number, I really have no clue as to how these providers fare generally so I had to go with what my cousin and uncle had to say about them and so far the only thing I could pick out is that don't touch Telstra even if the ghost of Steve Irwin is advertising it to you.

So, my Aussie number is... 0431395363. Yeah, it's not as glamorous as M'sian numbers but at least they get more sales this way because all prepaid packs come with a blank number and are randomized upon operation, therefore people who have that knack of wanting cutesy numbers (I can think of a few bimbos already) can crawl up and cry now.

EDIT: Just add 00116, according to Fattyma. Screw the 39 unless you're calling a home number

Anyways, yesterday was starting to revert back to the warmer side of summer. Wasn't awfully hot but definitely an improvement from the day before yesterday. My uncle took us to Mount Dandenong. Yeah, I thought it was a rather tricky name to remember too. Must be one those Aborigine names. If someone had just told me about this place prior to visitng it, I'd go, "What? Mount Whose-dong?"

We rode up in my uncle's slick red Mazda RX8. I think it's one of those midlife crisis purchases, where you strive to feel young and do the nearest possible thing, in this case, buying a nice sports car. It's definitely a beast and it can seat 4 people! Awesome... Funny way the doors open too. You gotta open the front ones first, then the back ones can be opened but must be swung backwards instead of forwards like regular cars. Also, you can close the front door with closing the back door first. ALSO, if you're reasonably tall and big, it's gonna be a rather bumpy ride when your head's knocking into the ceiling everytime the driver shifts a gear.

Anyways, I totally forgot that it was Valentine's yesterday and was actually surprised to see the amount of couples walking around Mount Dandenong. First of all, chicks there are chooiiyyyy~. White, brown, yellow, take your pick. They're tight as hell. Another point for leaving M'sia behind. Second, the word conservative has been blasted out of their diction decades ago. Hallelujah!

The view on top was alright. Nothing special since it was just overlooking Melbourne. Later we tried their maze where we had to stamp 4 things onto some "passport" thing they passed to us before we entered the maze. Going through the maze was slow but surely as we applied the famous left hand rule that we use all the time while playing games.

After that we went downhill a bit and the forest scenery in the mountain is vastly different from the type of forest you get in Malaysia. Here, you can see the tree straight up, the bark is straight all the way to the top and it doesn't form a dense canopy like the M'sian trees. We got off at this spot that was pretty much halfway down the mountain and it was a spot where we can feed the birds. There were 3 types of birds, white cockatoos, parrots and another type that I have no idea what it's called but it was rahte plump, smaller and had pale grey/silver and red feathers. Parrots and those other ones were the shy ones whereas the cockatoos have no fear of people whatsoever. If you stick your hand out as if you have food in your hand, they'll soar up to your arm and eat it off your hand. Man, if they stand on your hand, those claws are going to go deep into your palm. Anyways, we later decided to actually go and get some seeds to feed the birds. Boy, were they rough. I put some in my palm and one came onto my hand to eat it off my hand. Later, another one started heading my way and I was startled and yelled. It came back for another round and teared the bottom off the seed packet! Smart fellas...

Anyways, gotta go now. More uncles have come to show us around Australia... or rather, Melbourne! Peace out y'all!

No comments: