Friday, January 30, 2009

Dubai Afterthoughts

My trip to Dubai has been nothing short of a blessing. Not much people have the chance to go on this once-in-a-lifetime trip and I am extremely grateful for it. I may not show it, but I am. I’ve explained to a lot of people how awesome the place is but they can’t really understand, jump to conclusions that are as wrong as Prince’s wardrobe and just couldn’t fathom it to fully comprehend it.

Today I am here, to rate the country on respective aspects. I can dare rate the country because, as Yusra put it, I had a trip that encompasses the gist of life in Dubai. Not a vacation trip. I was an explorer, not merely a tourist, looking and taking pictures. I didn’t sleep in a spa while beautiful women massaged me (but I wished I did), I slept in a bathtub 2 sizes too small. That was kinda cool, though!

Food was amazing, as in the local delicacies. They have their own plethora of cultures due to the fact that majority of people are expats, and not locals. You mainly have foods from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India and of course, the local foods, such as Arabic/Lebanese food, whichever way you want to put it. They have many other foreign foods there, like Chinese food as well as there’re buttloads of Filipinos there.

Food gets a 4.5/5 from ‘Ol Spiky!

Why not a perfect score after all that jizzing in my pants talk? Well, chinks can’t handle their food being fucking grilled, fried and flame-broiled all the time!

Next on the hot seat are the drinks, from milk to juices, to just plain soda. No booze. These guys tell me that the milk is freshly um, milked (?) in the wee hours of the day and being transported cross-country style to the UAE, that’s why it tastes amazing. I agree, it does taste amazing, regular milk, chocolate milk, banana milk and strawberry milk. It all tastes like it was Hagen Daz melted ice-cream. Sounds icky but the milk is just the right taste and texture.

Milk gets a 5/5 from ‘Ol Spiky!

Most days’ activities are started off with a healthy dose (or two… or three) of milk of all flavors! Cheers! And just to prove that the milk ain’t full of shit, it actually expires in 5 days! That’s what I call pure!

Juice… choiy. I have no idea how they make it so good without adding the syrup that mamak stores love so much. Pure fruit, pure pulp, pure flava. I wish I could’ve downed all those varieties of juices but I did not. Therefore, I deem myself unfit of judging. But the cafeteria juices that I had so far were top notch and so were all the Berry cocktails I had there.

Weather… oh man… when I first arrived it was tight! But as the days went by, it got colder slowly and eventually on New Year’s Eve fog/mist/whatchamacallit was in the air! It lasted until the morning and well into the afternoon. Still, sunshine and cold air are just what the doc ordered in.

Weather gets a 5/5 from ‘Ol Spiky!

Amazing place to visit at least once in your lifetime! Although I didn’t do the whole tourist package, I’m glad I got this opportunity and I would like to thank everyone that was there to accompany me on this amazing journey – Rushdi, Taqi, Mustapha, Raashid, Shakir, Yasmin and Rikaz and his dad for setting me up with Panorama!

Peace out y’all!

No comments: