Sunday, November 9, 2008

Taqi’s Farewell – Part 1

Written: 2nd of November, 2008

Have been waiting for pics and pics alone before I could post this one. Enjoy, everybody!

After months of suffering with ACCA, Taqi decided it was high time that he called it quits to keep trying to finish it in Malaysia. So, he made the decision to go back to Dubai for good and hopefully finish up there. Seeing as he was leaving for good, a few of us had decided to get him a gift and perhaps a BBQ party. It was all a surprise, of course. Over the course of three weeks, people have been trying to make this all happen, particularly Rikaz and Rushdi. Not much had happened over the three weeks ‘cept getting some people to pay up. Only the mug and the booking of the venue were last minute.

Funny story about the mug… Not so funny on my end but exceptionally satisfying nonetheless. Me, Rushdi and Shraddha went to Central Market to get the mug done. What we had in mind was to put a couple of jokes that we had all shared with Taqi on it and the list was quite a long one. We found the biggest mug the store had to offer and we still had to chop off quite a few jokes from the list. Here’re some of the things written on the mug from the top of my head.

“Power extreme treme treme” – From the Centurions, apparently

“Melaka toilet” – A true Malaysian public toilet story

“Wheelbarrow” – The position that no one wants to be in

“Fire truck with the ladder up and broken glass” – Don’t ask…

“Spicy milk” – A pervert’s misunderstanding to great effect

“San…Fran…Cisco!” – Good times, good times…

Anyways, here’s the funny story. After we were done, we took the KTM during rush hour back to Subang Jaya. Shit, now I know how people feel. It’s so bloody packed! I’d make a joke about sardines but hell, this just wasn’t funny. From Carrefour we took a cab back for 12 bucks seeing as there was the usual jam. Seriously, with so much concrete per square mile, one would expect cars to be flying here and there with so many alternative routes around. We got off at Sunway Monash Condo to drop Shraddha off and I had the mug in hand. I placed it on the top of the cab and I stopped to calculate the cost of the ride. Next thing I knew was the passenger side door slamming and the revving of the cab’s engine. The cab turned into the road and off towards SunMed… with the mug on top.

Fucking hell

Believe it or not, I started chasing the damned cab. No hesitation, no quip, just adrenaline pumping outta my ears! Three quarters of the way to SunMed I finally caught up with the cab. The driver had seen me running and when I reached he had turned back and looked at me through the passenger side window. All I heard was something about being lucky and shit like that. I got the mug. It was better than scoring a goal. It was better than bitch slapping a ho. I felt like Usain Bolt winning the Olympics. Walked back the way I came slowly, clutching the mug with a grin of a winner. After what seemed like a fast-forward tape of tragedy in progress, this seemed like a slow-mo scene of a hard-fought glorious victory as I walked passed the condo bus stop to a clapping Rushdi. Took me awhile to catch my breath.

Eventually night came and these guys went down to prepare the food and stuff at the BBQ pit. The plan was for Raashid to go ask Taqi to go down for a swim for one last time, for old time’s sake. Seeing as the party wasn’t going to start until Raashid had returned, I waited at home playing Max Payne with the highly-acclaimed Kung Fu mod.

After a beer with Rahul to make sure Taqi was staying put at home, I went down a bit smashed and soaked my head in the pool trying to stop the fire that was going on in my noggin. Taqi eventually came with Raashid and then we all started. Check it out…



Trying not to be caught off guard, Taqi gave a wide smile for the surprise



Chefs hard at work



Me and Piumi enjoyin the food



He loves the chilli BBQ chicken, apparently



The Lagoonview gang

It was quite a manageable crowd. The Lagoonview gang had come, Jeremy had come for a bit, and 710 was there, obviously and definitely 706 and 709. Shazwan was at a gig at KDU, apparently.

The party only started when Azim got dunked into the pool. I was supposed to be the 1st one in but plans changed. I knew it was coming so I took off my shirt before they could try anything. Just stood by the edge waiting and suddenly Zabrin grabbed me from behind and jumped in with me in tow. It felt like I was caught in landslide and it had brought me tumbling into the raging river far below amidst a hail of boulders. Bodies started flying everywhere into the pool and eventually after catching all the stragglers we all jumped into the pool together. Good times…



Azim goes in first after a change of threads



A couple of people that went down with him



Piumi trying to struggle out of getting dunked but...



D'oh... Heh heh heh heh...



The sheesha corner

TO BE CONTINUED

Damn... Freaking ass long post. Peace out y’all!

P.S: Lifts have been fixed! WOOHOO!
P.P.S: SL United made it through the group stage with 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw by goal difference!
P.P.P.S: NAAASSSRIIIIIIIIIIIII~!!! In your face, Man Utd!

No comments: