Sunday, November 30, 2008

200th Post

Oh snap… I’ve made it this far on this blog, eh? Wow… I wish I had something epic to write about this post, like going somewhere exquisite for a vacation or actually passing all my subjects!
Well, so far it’s been a swell journey for this blog… I still have no idea regarding the number of people who are actually reading this thing but somehow I get the feeling that the right amount of people and the right people are reading this. Of course, you guys are my lovely audience and this blog has no one to thank but you guys for your silence and rare comments.

=P

No, but in all seriousness, it’s good to know I’ve come this far.

For the Love of Nosferatu



Since I was back in Ipoh during the holidays, it would be criminal to not hang out with these dudes at least once. So, I went to watch a movie with them. I didn’t really care what I was watching, really. I didn’t even mind watching Bolt or GP506 all over again, seriously.

So we ended up watching Twilight. I always thought this was a TV series before this, but evidently not, after some digging. Entered the cinema about 5 minutes later just to see our star vampire, Edward Cullen staring unashamedly at our heroine. A few things I’d like to say about her character. It’s unbelievably bogus. I know characters in stories are meant to fit in well within the parameters in your story. Like how, a sci-fi movie should have a robot, cyborg and an alien duke it out, or how a knight needs to slice the cockles off the dragon with his long and shiny blade (Tenacious D reference there) or how Tobey Maguire needs to whine incessantly about his double life and seem over-soppy about it. Okay, that last one didn’t really apply.

This chick is way too perfect for the story. She’s madly in love with the vampire, not afraid of him, completely aware of the various ways this could end, and somehow managed to keep it cool with the Cullens. There’s no conflict! It’s like that Family Guy short where they find one sitcom annoyingly stupid because the room mates in the show always get together.

“Hey man, I’m gonna get a pizza. You fine with anchovies?”

“Yeah, sure, why not? Anything for you buddy!”

Geez… Anyhoo…

Special effects are alright ‘cept when he scales the pines. The baseball part was cool. The chick sometimes looks distractingly hot. And the new spin on the vampire lore was somewhat interesting and the vegetarian part… I’ve seen that on Angel.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating: 2.5/5 – Another dreary end-of-the-year movie.

A’ite… that’s another movie review done. I think I’d have to download Quarantine for full goriness. Wonder what’s next that’s up for release? Hmm…

3 things that I’m worried about right now: Results, Australia and the adventure. Yeah, in that order. *sigh*

I’m predicting the results to come out before the 4th of December, seeing as there was an announcement regarding the supplementary examination meeting for BL students. Seeing as today is the last day of November, it shall be probably three torturous days of waiting and anticipating. Man… this is gonna suck bad.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: