Thursday, June 5, 2008

Calm Before the Never-Ending Storms

They just keep coming, don’t they? Over and over again. No, it’s not another freaky ass dream that draws inspiration from Hostel, The Thing or Alien! I’m talking about finals. Every semester there must be a “finals” post, guaranteed. This time, no bitchin’. This year’s been kind. Or strangely sadistic. Either way. I had a week to study for my 1st exam… and that was just about filling the blanks in some bloody import and export forms. Save your breath, Monash people, I know how unfair it is. I’ve heard enough bitchin’.

*wink*

Anyways… I had 2 weeks between each paper. My next 2 papers are on the same day and they’re a week from now. Then my final papers on the 23rd. Grand, eh? Heh heh heh… Anyways… I kinda established a mantra for myself to study better this time. It kinda goes like…

“Do you know what you know? Do you know what you don’t know?”

I know I’m fucked when I’m telling myself, “I don’t know what I don’t know”.


An established playlist definitely helps as well! I remember last sem being just Three Day’s Grace One-X album and RHCP’s Give It Away keeping me going through Red Bull-fed conciousness. This sem has been a mix of rock and hip-hop.

Ellegarden – Salamander (Jap band that has an unbelievable English sound)
In Flames – Come Clarity, Reflect the Storm and Crawl In Knives (Choiy!)
Avenged Sevenfold
Three Days Grace
OneRepublic
One Chance ft. Li’l Wayne – U Can’t
Li’l Wayne – Lollipop (Can’t believe only now they’re spamming it on air)
Paramore
Puddle of Mudd – Blurry, Control (Classics)
Hinder – Get Stoned (AMAZING)


All amazing stuff. Go look it up.

The Chop

Well, I’m outta the Freeloaders. For some reason I never stick long enough to any bands. Kurtz was well… let’s not say anymore. Valmanway… got ass raped even before we bent down. Fuck that sem’s VU Student Council. Poor ass bitches with poor management. God, I miss CIMP and even MUSA/MUISS’s pro organization and insane budgets. Oh giggity.

Nope, no love for VU, man. It’s better off touching itself.

It was coming anyways… Lackluster performances during rehearsals and of course, it’s always a bummer being a replacement for someone that’s OBVIOUSLY waaa—haayyy better than you. Nah man… it’s all cool. No unnecessary hard feelings. I had the best fun in my music life. Thanks guys.

Let’s see what happens in Aussieland when I get back in touch with Kelvin. Hopefully we can pull something outta our asses. I have written some tight material recently. Bitter experiences DO bring out the best material! Keep that in mind. Take every bitter memory and just pour it out on a piece of paper. Use any words. You’d be surprised at yourself. It could be pleasant or plain ass disturbing.

House – Season Finale

FUCK. House is over again. This time the ending’s amazing. I, of course, ain’t gonna spoil it for you. By the way, I’m referring to the current season that AXN’s showing. It’s about the new interns right? I would say everything in the middle was mediocre… The last and 2nd last episode is the shit! Made up for everything else. Be sure to watch if you’re a House addict, like me, you’re crazy for Olivia Wilde (Number 13), like me, OR you just like semi-sadistic dark humour. You guessed it. Like me!

*grin*

Excellent. I’m done. Back to work. Good luck to those who have exams coming soon or are in progress. Grats and a big “Fack you” to those who are done! Hehehhe.. Peace out y’all!

No comments: