Thursday, June 26, 2008

Catching Up With Movies

Finally, I’m done with exams and although I get sleepless nights thinking about the outcomes, I gotta remain positive. Rule of karma is that good things only happen if you stay happy. So, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do! I’m gonna be optimistic! 101%! Yarrrr~

First of all, before anything else, I would like to apologize to those that I had planned to go to Maison with this very night. My cousin was my ride home to Ipoh and they wanted to go home today. It is only common courtesy that I respect their wishes and if I’m going to get hell for being a human being, then I’ve got nothing to say. So… Sorry guys. Maybe next time.

Besides, I already got hammered on the night after the exams. That was the shit.

The Incredible Hulk



"You won't like me when I'm uh,... hungry"

I went to watch this armed with the knowledge of a couple of year’s worth of comic book storylines and back stories. I knew how it was going to go down and how things were going to end. I guess that’s the only reason why I see most fans enjoying it and not much of the others. I’ll just say that the battle between Hulk and the Abomination was better than Iron Man vs. Iron Monger.

The CGI and special this time round definitely blows Ang Lee’s version out of the water and outta the park. The Hulk has never looked this good and realistic, trust me on this one.

The downfall of this movie that I fail to see of this movie is the plot itself. It probably was the only reason the others that I went with did not enjoy this movie. The plot itself. The whole movie revolves around Banner trying to find a cure and getting hunted down by General Thunderbolt. Therefore it’s running… More running and more shooting and a bit of tears and smashing and then more running and more shooting.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating: 4.2, for I am a fan of Marvel

If you’re a fan, you should already have watched it. If you aren’t, and you haven’t watched it, download it if your curiosity gets you. If you aren’t and you did watch it and hated it, ah well. Life’s like that. *wink*

Get Smart




Makes people appreciate Steve's work, that's for sure

I watched the trailer and it looks freakin’ funny as hell. And it sure is. IF… and only if you can tolerate/or a fan of Steve Carrell’s deadpan and clueless comedy deliveries. I have to say that the man can only pull the idiot role off without even trying. It worked well in Anchorman. It sure as hell worked well in The Office. Evan Almighty not so much because he stepped outta the idiot role. Get Smart… he’s back in his comfort zone and kicking ass.

Story is that Steve’s character, Maxwell Smart, has been trying for ages to be a field agent in a secret government spy organization known as CONTROL and their main enemy is KAOS, a terrorist group. Non-Muslim, don’t worry. They do employ the Great Khali as muscle, though. Hm.

So, one fine day, CONTROL HQ gets compromised and all field agents’ identities are revealed as well. Therefore, seeing as Max is competent but he has not been promoted as he has proven to be better at his old job, he was promoted instantly to handle the case of the CONTROL HQ bust-up and also KAOS’ latest nuclear crimes. He is teamed-up with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) because she has undergone extensive plastic surgery recently and her face is still unknown to KAOS. So, together, they go to various locales on the globe and bumble in impressive and hilarious ways. I personally can’t get the image of Steve’s kiss and barf bag scene out of my head.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating: 4.5 – Hilarious. Must watch!

One more thing that I must add, Anne Hathaway looks like she has not aged a bit. I don’t mean that she looks young, I mean she looks, y’know like a woman and yet she doesn’t look any more mature after that. Wow. I mean, she is FINE. Damn.

Gonna catch Wanted on Saturday, another “Must-watch” movie for the summer. That leaves Hancock, Hellboy 2 and the Dark Knight for this year.

Phew. Alrighty then. I can’t wait until Monday to get back to Sunway with the car and have some real fun!!! Peace out y’all!

No comments: