Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Genre: Horror-Sci-Fi

*cue futuristic horror orchestra piece*

In a dark alley, a tall man, his face shrouded in the shadows with his malicious eyes and insane grin the only two things that highlight his hidden features, beckons a young girl to follow him.

Cue to a dimly light room with an odd purple glow on the walls. An operation table lay by the side of a tray of tools. Not the conventional surgical apparatus but those that inflict maximum agony. Somehow the girl’s calm on the table and the man in shadows in an operating gown. He tells various things he’s going to do to the girl, removing vital organs and other parts of her body via absolutely unorthodox methods. As he finally does the finishing touches on his “masterpiece”, which is removing most of the lower part of the face, leaving the inner muscle and jaw.

Throughout the whole process, the girl remains calm although feeling every inch of the pain.

Here comes the weirder part.

I’m right there in the room, physically there. Well, theoretically it’s impossible since this has all been an explanation of a dream I had, nothing more. Well, the above events I witnessed like a person watching a movie, but I *almost* felt the pain of every time the scalpel or whatever power tool that maniac used on the girl. I could feel the cool blade touching, then shredding away, but it felt just like someone ran a long nail over that area where the blade was.

Back to the dream...

I’m standing there, looking at the man in shadows. For some weird reason, what I see before me is not his handiwork. What stood before me was like a two-bodied centaur. Grotesque only in my mind’s eye. The two bodies was of course, the man in the shadows and the girl. I don’t remember much of the details but it’s all fucked up and weird, exactly how a dream would be.

I calmly exit the room and look for a way out. I notice my car parked nicely right outside the house. I saw the maniac come down the stairs and I asked him politely for the keys for some jacked up reason. And well, as a dream goes, he gave them to me, complete with keys to my car, and also the remote for the gate.

I have no idea why the calmness broke as I got into the car, fumbled with the god damn keys and the electric gate kept smashing into the rear end of my car. Urgh…

I finally manage to back my car up out of the house and I burn rubber away into the streets, which oddly looked like a mix of Malaysian old roads, y’know, the roads people used to travel to different states before the North-South highway and Texas. Yeah… deserts and inns and abandoned bars on the sides.

Oddly there were plenty of obstacles, lamp posts and fucking traffic. Fucking maniac started chasing me in a white car. I’m think it was a fucking Proton. Of course, it is befitting to win an imaginary car chase scene against one of the worst cars in the bloody world. *grin*

He keeps up for a while as I swerve past lamp posts, oncoming traffic and parked cars. Ma’facker starts shooting at me but hits different things on the road. Cue the Hollywood explosions. I lose the maniac for about ten minutes and then I notice he is back on the chase! I just grow tired and decide to ditch the chase and walk into one of those Western salons.

*HUGE MEMORY BLANK*

Next thing I know, I’m in a Futurama-esque setting where me and some other people are being honored for military achievements. Turns out the maniac was a manifestation of a dangerous parasitic virus. He has been split into his most basic form, an air-borne spore like entity that supposedly won’t harm anyone anymore. This whole ceremony takes place in a hole in a huge ass rock, right beside the bar I entered, which was a valley. People start clapping signifying the ceremony’s over and I start jet packing into another rock and look at some peculiar plant life.

For some FUCKED up reason, since the parasitic virus was supposedly harmless, they released it. It flew out of a container, looking like a sea of oddly shaped spheres of purplish glassy goop. Either the wind blew it over to me or the virus had a mind of its own, again. It rested on the plant life I was looking at. Every virus orb attached itself to every plant it saw on that patch and then started to accumulate itself to a point and started reform back into the maniac’s head.

I was like, “Fuck these bastards”. I then just jumped off the rock and next thing I was in my car, gunning the engine. A large ass floating screen, which I somehow knew belonged to the military group that was in attendance, flickered to life with the maniac’s face plastered on it. He started mentioning some tank that was in the car chase part and said he brought it back for a 2nd round. The ground ahead cracked and the tank rolled right out.

Fuck me. Even in a dream, I get fucked.

Playing chicken probably would be the last thing I’d do but hell, this was a dream. I’m not saying I bloody *knew* I was invincible, I’m just saying I don’t have to be rational. I just went ahead and revved off towards the tank. Right behind it was the exit of the valley, probably too small for the tank to pass through but enough for my ride.

Alright, listen, the tank is fucking ass colossal. It’s some Red Alert/Tiberium Wars/Supreme Commander shit there.

Next thing I know the tank has squished half of the damn car but I’m still going past the exit. Suddenly I notice a slow revolving sound above me and a large hollow circle shadow around me. I look up, and I see a huge plane, with the middle being a set of revolving rings. It picked the car up like some tractor beam and told me that the military would handle it from here. They would airlift the rest out as well.

That’s when I woke up.

Pretty freaky, eh? Go over to Kundy 4 Life’s most recent post to see another weird dream story. I have no idea where these freakish dreams come from and what does it mean.

Ah, fuck it, hope you enjoyed this story, as freakish as it was. Tomorrow’s the ITP finals! Wish me luck and peace out y’all!

No comments: