Sunday, June 8, 2008

“Awesomeness and Attractiveness”

I know I should be studying. I know I should be somewhere else but due to the fact that I know that I am fucking broke, I’m afraid there is time to be actively unaware of your other obligations. Except the 1st one. That’s one obligation that keeps the wounds to a minimum. You know what I mean. Anyways, I went to catch Kung Fu Panda at TGV on it’s premiere. I didn’t manage to get much people together due to the fact that everyone had exams coming or moths coming out of their wallets. That’s the middle of the year for ya…



They really did have to put that "Kung Fu Fighting" song in there somehow

Anyways… As far as I know, Kung Fu Panda had a star-studded cast and that’s pretty rare as this is an animation. We’re talking about hard hitters like Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu and of course… the panda man himself, Jack Black. I don’t whether it’s horrible that I didn’t recognize their voices or they’re just that damn good when voicing their characters. I would say this… if you enjoyed Forbidden Kingdom for it’s uh, rather family-fun-ish feel, you’ll enjoy this. If you thought the Forbidden Kingdom’s plot was retarded in a Down's syndrome way, watch Kung Fu Panda anyways ‘cause cartoons have the license to be… odd.

It isn’t that epic that it must be watched in a cinema but it’s worth at least 8-10 bucks to go watch it. However, I must insist that it’s download-worthy.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating: 4.3/5

Laughed my ass off at Jack Black’s animated physical comedy. It does, as usual, contain the usual moral values that we must all adhere to and the lessons in life that must be learnt. All in all, watch it in any way you want.

Appleseed Ex Machina



Futuristic mecha goodness - Just what the doctor ordered

It seems that this movie has been out for quite some time already so I would say this review’s a year late, if I am not mistaken. I did some digging into this movie and it is based off a successful cyberpunk manga that was published in the late 1980s, judging from the manga’s art style, which reminds me of Ranma ½.

It seems that an anime already has been made and a separate OVA (Original Video Animation, for the uninformed) has been made already using high-tech 3D graphics at the time of production.

As usual, I’m not going to spoil the story for those who haven’t watched it and intend to. All I have to say is that the graphics for this movie is awesome. It comes close to another animated movie that is *very* close to my heart but still, no cigar. The storyline is solid and enjoyable but thank God it doesn’t have predictable twists. Voice acting is awesome and believable. I have heard of Appleseed before but I have never watched it before. However, this movie doesn’t confuse new viewers as it doesn’t focus much on the past storylines or character histories. Essential character histories are depicted in short flashbacks that don’t waste much time.



Of course, nothing comes close to this legend in making

Great graphics, awesome action and great for fans of futuristic mecha fun. Go download it!

Ol Spiky’s Rating: 4.7/5

*gasp* Only 3 more days! Back to work! Peace out y’all!

No comments: