Sunday, May 24, 2009

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Well, here I am, awake since 4 a.m, playing X-Men Origins: Wolverine on my PSP until the goddamned batteries run out. Grand.

Feeling kinda woozy right now. God knows why. I don’t think it’s gonna be an awesome day but I’m still going to write this review on Night of the Museum 2. Or replace the “2” with Battle of the Smithsonian if you want to be a bitch about it.



*insert witty wisecrack here*

I loved the 1st one. Hands down. I just remember that I loved it. I don’t particularly remember anything awfully funny about it but I remember it was awesome. The whole concept of inanimate objects becoming alive just blew my mind.

Anyways, this movie has the entire old cast and of course newer characters! Some of the old characters like that Egyptian king, Teddy (as in that President of the United States), the red Indian chick he falls in love with and Rexxy, the skeleton T-Rex have shorter screen time but hell, they did good anyways.

Short story is that the Egyptian king’s evil brother, Kahmunrah, is brought alive with that magic tablet and it seems that the magic tablet has more uses than that. Kahmunrah is a constipated and angry fella with a lisp. Poor dude. He reminds me a bit of the Sheriff of Rottingham in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

How’d the tablet get into America’s largest storage bin of museum relics? That damn slapping monkey stole it from the museum. So, imagine the whole storeroom coming to life! Paintings as well! Just imagine the insanity that ensues.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating – 8.5/10.

A must watch for the summer. Look out for the angry ‘70s waiter smashing a bottle over the counter, the 300 tribute and cameos that include Oscar the Grouch and a Force-less Darth Vader.

Hm, funny. I just went through some of the trailers. It seems that they changed Al Capone and all his flunkies to black and white. Strange.

And damn, Amelia Earheart has one tight badonkadonk. For the people that aren’t too familiar with this term, it’s street for, one tight ass. Sorry, that doesn’t do it justice. I mean, an ass you’d eat your food off. Hell yeah.

Giggity.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: