Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Q&A With the Struggling Soul

I guess I should’ve seen this coming when I was a kid. I knew I was right when I said I didn’t want to grow up too fast. While I am walking back everyday from college, unique questions popped up in my head. Like today, for example, I asked myself this:

“Doesn’t everyone get to choose? Obligations may be obligations but still, it is right for us to choose, isn’t it?”

Alright, since I am a “Rules are meant to be broken” kind of person, I couldn’t give a fuck about this. However, due to recent ongoing events in my life, or rather, ongoing events that I have witnessed in my life, I would say that everyone has the right to choose. Obligations may be obligations. Favors that led to the obligation can be repaid. We’re not talking about slavery now, are we? Seriously, if I was in such a position and I owed someone a humongous fucking favor, I would do my best to repay the person as I want. If that person expects a specific performance outta the favor, I will try to fulfill it but still, this is not slavery, bitch. I’m just returning the favor. I say, return the damn favor and fight for your rights to choose again. This ain’t the black slave market anymore, man. People have rights. People have to right… to choose.

Another question I asked myself sometime ago was something to do with freedom of blogging, in Malaysia, especially since the government suddenly started paying SOME (or should I say, slight) attention to the M’sian blogger community. They were talking about being responsible bla bla bla… Normal stuff, as usual but hey, we’re all accountable for our own words so that counts as responsible, no? I believe, I BELIEVE, that they’ve thinly-veiled a warning to bloggers out there to watch their tongues (or fingers, in this case) about sensitive material. I think censorship was supposed to deal with that. Blogging is the only (perhaps) the only way for people to voice their opinions freely on sensitive issues without being beaten up. Try dropping the N-bomb in Harlem and get your white punk ass beaten up before the cops can come and chase those dudes away. However, you can say it freely on cyberspace (only for humour, not racist comments) without getting your arse kicked halfway across the block. So what I’m trying to say here is that there is freedom of speech on cyberspace since everything else in the world has been constricted by laws and regulations and assholes who have nothing better to do than making people’s lives miserable. So, I say that the government should seriously reconsider their actions than to make the lives of bloggers miserable and restrict another medium for people to voice out their opinions.

Last question goes something like:

“To commit or not to commit?”

That is the question that I have yet to come to ends with. Let time be the judge. Peace put y’all.

No comments: