Friday, May 25, 2007

Fragile, Innit?

Here I am sitting in my room, Friday morning, waiting for 9, hoping to see the guys in college. However, one of us will be absent from this little gathering and it is this absent person we shall be remembering and gathering for today. That person is Ng Chee King.

This is what went down yesterday, my version, that is.

MIP Workshop (3.30-4.30)

Me and the guys went to class after a lunch of bak kut teh with U-Jun, Khai and Chee King himself. He didnt eat but he was talking non-stop as usual. We all parted ways after lunch. A call came from Chee King to Aaron's handphone in the middle of class. An unknown person told him briefly that our friend was involved in an accident. Throughout the whole class, we tried to contact Chee King but it kept skipping to his voice mailbox. Later we received class from his mum and stuff like that. Eventually we contacted one of his good friends that we met before, Steven. Eventually we got info that he has indeed crashed the car in Shah Alam. U-Jun and Khai who had went home came back to Sunway to get us. Khai hinted to me, and he was pretty unsure that time, that Chee King had died. However, it was all speculation at that time. I didn't want to admit that he had died. Not another one.

On the way (5.xx - 6.xx)

I can't remember what time did we reach the crash site but all I remember is that we took the Federal Highway and turned off at the exit with the label of Kawasan Perindustrian Shah Alam. There we saw 2 cars parked there. Steven's car and another friend's car. He told us the crash site was up ahead, near the light pole. I was the 1st one to go up and check it. Everyone was quiet, tense and pretty much shaken. One of our own was probably dead or hanging by a thread. At the site, all was left was partial parts of his new sideskirts, both the side mirrors, cracked like shit, parts of his bumper and finally... a pool of blood. I walked back to the rest of them and saw that Han John had arrived on the scene. Some of us got rather emotional at that time but it was all understandable. Later, we all walked to the site together (after Meng Hui and his girlfriend arrived) and scoped it out. It was truly just a brief summary of what carnage the damned Satria had went through. Shit, Proton, stop making your cars outta plastic or clay or bloody paper! And install god-damn air-bags, SHIT! FUCK! The tree looked as though it has been punched repeatedly.

Klang (6.xx- 8.xx)

Soon, Steven said he would bring us into Klang to check which hospital he was in. He called up a friend that was a resident of Klang and he brought us to the hospital. We went around and around and finally asked about Chee King. Steven asked where his BODY was. I thought… Hell, most of us thought he was on the table, getting saved. I still couldn’t believe my ears and we all went to the forensic department where all the bodies were kept and processed especially if they were involved in a car accident, murder or suicide. So, I dreaded to ask the attendant if he was there but I had to, to be sure myself. Sure as the trees were green outside as the sun was setting, they had him alright. He was fucking frozen in a friggin’ body bag in the fucking freezer with a toe tag. It was horrible. That sinking feeling was horrible. It was just… horrible.

We had lunch together that day. We were all the last ones that saw him.

I was the last OTHER person in his car. I helped him pick up his books off the road when he drove off with them on the roof.

We were just having breakfast together the previous day, playing chor dai di together with Kang Wei, Han John, Wing Hoh and Jospeh in Orange.

It all happened so fast.

It’s so short

So fragile

Yet… So precious

Oh god… Why have you taken another one? I hate you.

I

HATE

YOU.

Oh yeah, I fucking hate you. You’ve made everything miserable. Laugh while you can, ‘cause when I get up there, I’ll whoop your silly ass all the way to hell!


Rest in Peace, Chee King. You’ll always be one of us. You’ll always be a brother to us all. We will never ever forget you.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: