Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pre-CNY Mishap

A leak sprung up on my ceiling! It's somewhere near the stairwell, makes it kinda dangerous to go up and down the stairs. Heh heh heh... Heard the plumber saying that it was because the pipe was kinda huge in diameter and in the end, huge intakes of water broke it and there was some tsunami right above our heads all this time. Wicked. The rats can hang ten, then. Muahahaha...

To Vista or Not to Vista, that is the question

A good friend of mine, Jin Ken (same guy with the ho), is rather over-keen on trying out new things. So far he has done things like buying the PS2 real early, and then eventually making it fall down, and then trading it for a few hundred bucks and a GBA with 2 games. Few weeks back, he consulted me about buying a laptop and sort of told me what the supplier thought about the brand(s) I reccomended, rather nasty comments, I'd say. If you want advice, take it or leave it and then say nothing at all. All this debating was done via SMS while I was in the cinema and he knew that after I gave him a huge head-ups. Makes one wonder if there is a rehab center for etiquette. Anyways, he pandai-pandai installed Vista on his brand new spanking laptop. As most of us might know, Vista demands a lot of oomph from your PC like Mayans and Aztecs needing sacrifices now and then to appease their gods of crops, sun, river and god knows what else. Laptops usually do not make the grade of Vista but he did it anyways. Drivers became incompatible, blablabla. He said it was smooth, sure. Seriously mate, even a un-tech-savvy person like my mum knows it is best to let the hardcore tech geeks to go have a round or two with the Vista software and iron out the shortcomings. Besides, I read a Star article today about it and it seems it just falls short of what people expect. Sure it has a fancy display and shit but you go to a rock concert to see the band, not the fireworks, right? I guess I'll stick to my trusty XP instead of opting to go mad with new things, ESPECIALLY when Microsoft is concerned.

The Big V

No, not talking about that girl in CIMP. I'm talking about Valentine's Day. From here, can't really see any big fuss going on. Even my friends all seem to have that V-day spirit sucked right outta them. No roses, no chocolates, no nothing. Lack of cash or girl to even give the stuff to? I have no idea. Hahahaha.. Either way, I've got something up my sleeve this year. Although I might be stuck in Ipoh, I sure as hell have an agent in KL to help me out. Fingers crossed hoping to make this work out fine! =D

A'ite, guess that's it. So remember to take your girlfriend out at least to a mamak stall, remember to wrap your tool, and don't be over-zealous when it comes to Microsoft software. Peace out y'all!

No comments: