Sunday, February 11, 2007

Now THIS Is the Season To Be Jolly

Hell yeah. Christmas is nothing. Hari Raya is nothing. CNY is the real shit man. Now, which other celebration in the world needs older married people to dish out cold hard cash to the kids? Christmas comes close with presents. Grand feasts? Christmas comes close, but just turkey? And some other stuf that you get to eat regularly? Damn man... CNY IS the season to be jolly.

And Here Comes The Relatives

Well, few relatives came over today for an early visit (maybe 'cause we gave them some really expensive shit the other day). Anyways, hard to explain how the heck are they related to me, but I will try. They're my grandpa's (dad's side) brother's wife, daughter and 2 kids (girls, both past high school). I damn well know that they came to our house 'cause I was playing Vice City (yeah, again) on the computer outside, not my laptop. So if they can hear me sawing my way through countless hapless VC citizens, sure as hell I can hear them talking downstairs. I listened intently as I was evading the cops while trying to find hidden packages and eventually I realized the conversation had steered into haphazoudous areas - ME. So, few minutes later, they were yappin' about me going to gym and bla bla bla. So, yeah, they called me down to take a look at me. Honestly I don't know what's the big deal. So I stalled about 15 minutes and continued blasting those damned army men (I had 6 stars already just by nuking 'copters). Eventually they ran into the topic of my mum yelling at us from downstairs trying to get us downstairs to have lunch/dinner/ getting chores done. So before they can start bad-mouthing me in my own abode, I went downstairs la. For some odd reason, they started exclaiming how different I looked. Something about me looking much thinner and having a boy-ish look compared to last time that I was more mature.

=_="

So my mum started saying that I lost 8 KG and the girls went like "Aah!" and said they were so jealous and stuff like that. Girls. I mean, dude, it's just 8 KG, man. It's not a lot. Then my mum started saying that I go to gym twice a day and then have a morning walk before my morning session and bla bla bla. You guys know how mums go when talking about ther children. Complaining. Comparing. Urgh. *rolls eyes* So, one way or another, I joined in the fray of the conversation, and then somehow the band business came up so I showed them my framed up Kurtz article. Yeah, I WAS serious! I DID frame it. I am freakin' proud! WOOHOO! *ahem Anyways, questions bombarded me and so I told them what I said in my previous blog entry about the new band, Blast Off and some other stuff that was during last sems' rather disappointing Talent Night performance. The elder daughter started talking a lot to me (get those thoughts of impending incest outta your head!) about the band and life in KL. Seems she was nearer to KLCC so she hangs there more whereas I'm a Sunway kid and I hang there more. Somehow Amsterdam got thrown into the mix. I told her about that crazy plan I had with Shakira about going to Amsterdam and smoking weed and having some hookers, all the while with our wives in tow. Yeah, honeymoon in Amsterdam. Fuck yeah. Forgot how the conversation went and then she wanted to see some "foreign hunks" on my laptop. And so I led her up to my room and showed her the contents of my lappy. ONLY what she wanted to see, not some other volatile stuff. So the conversation went on about uni stuff and Australia. I still can't get some memories outta my head about Australia. Damn. Eventually she had to go and they all left. She admitted that she still thought of me as a "kid running around in my underpants". Seriously, for the record, I never did that when I was a kid. I do it now, sans the underwear. Nudist at heart man. So yeah, sure changed her perspective of me. Hardcore rocker. Hahahahhaa...

New Year Clothes Shopping

It's a ritual for all chinks. Young, old, in-between. Thin, chunky, healthy, sick, men, women, aquas, lalas, you gotta do it. Grandma really meant it when she said go buy all you want. Spent at least 200 bucks nailing more than 5 pieces of clothing. Got this shirt that had a really interesting header. Anyways, it was horrific, as usual. Shopping... *groan* My brother with us complaining about it didn't help either. In the end got everything sorted out and decorations, ang pow, and CNY annual buffet dinner up and ready. So, for those who are attending, it's on. For those who aren't, there's still next year!

Better not make this too long for y'all. So, peace out y'all!

No comments: