Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sunday Morning Market

This is a tad overdue and I have something else to write about as well. So yeah… Last Sunday, me, Elly, Palm, Daniel and the new kid, Shevoune went over to Camberwell where there was a weekly Sunday morning market. Well… it’s like your regular pasar pagi… ‘cept that instead of fruits, vegetables, meat, and every fresh produce you can find in a supermarket plus some of the usual crappy Malay junk, Camberwell’s Sunday Morning Market was like a yard sale… or rather, a neighbourhood yard sale. Everything sold there was second hand!

Take a look.



Old school Michelin men



Hail Kleiser? Blitzkreig?



Girls shopping for more accesories



People shuffling about looking for bargains

Elly bought a full-length mirror… despite the fact that her new room has a wall full of mirrors. Real slick. So I suppose Palm’s going to take it. I bought Da Vinci’s Code and Angels and Demons ‘cause my prior copies have disappeared somewhere so it would only be proper that I replace them in my library back home.

Also, it makes a good toilet break read.

Daniel got one of those adventure books. You know, the ones where when you make decisions you need to flip to different pages in the book. Yeah, ‘cept this was a pocket-sized one. Nifty. He also bought a handkerchief magic book. I can’t think of anyone still using a damned handkerchief in their act anymore. Maybe an amateur up-and-coming sidewalk magician but hell… even for parlour tricks it’s gotta fall a bit flat, innit?

Not to say that his purchase was bad, just stating a point. And hey, who doesn’t like a good bit of magic?

Funny thing… or rather, lucky thing, happened… if there’s even such a damn phrase… Anyways, it so happened that when Palm, Elly, Daniel and Shevoune went ahead with looking ‘round the market one last time before the place closed down, I stayed behind to guard the lunky mirror. And the stall that was right behind the mirror was a dude selling old Legos. I’m not talking about like 1998 models. I’m talking like… 1960s stuff!

So by the looks of it, the dude knows his way around the rare shit. So I asked him if he knew where to find rare and discontinued sets. So he immediately jumped up, took my number down and asked me what I wanted.

Sweet. I am one step closer.

Straight after, we went to Sofia’s for lunch. Hefty Italian shit right there.



2 types of pasta and a seafood platter. *grunt*



Nuff' said man. Nuff' said.



Shevoune, Daniel, Elly and Palm

We stopped over at Southern Cross station and went over to DFO for awhile to show Shevoune more of Melbourne. Funny part was… the whole time, Palm was lugging the mirror around!

I just had to go and say, “Dude, you gotta be the vainest dude around ‘cause you need to carry a full length mirror everywhere you go!” Later we took a long scenic route over to Crown and back to Flinders ‘cause Daniel wanted to show me and Shevoune the feeling of the whole walk down that lane. I admit it’s got a feel to it but he was overspamming the fact that it made the feeling you had initially ebb off you like goo.

Touchdown on Flinders and we took off to Footscray the next instant. Ahhh… long day. Home. At last.

Time for gym. Peace.

No comments: