Saturday, August 29, 2009

District 9



Warning! Spoilers ahead!

Damn... it's been awhile since I've watched a movie. Reasons?

Simple...

The crowd here's way too picky. Lack of funds. There's really... not much of a crowd. I even skipped G.I. Joe!

Anyways... District 9... I watched it on impulse. Just got called out and picked out a movie that seemed good. District 9, directed by Peter Jackson, very same fat man that did LoTR and that stinkin' ape movie. Not Planet of the Apes, but King Kong. Man, that was a waste of time and money.

Either it's me, or it's just that this movie sure takes the high road on it's plot, 'cause I didn't see anything coming. Then again... this is Peter Jackson dude. It's not some A- grade horror movie.

One thing I gotta say, is that this movie is wild and gross. I mean... damn... a dude that grows an alien hand. It's a slow, painful and gross process, believe me. One thing I thought about Wikas, the main man, is that he was one selfish son of a bitch, but I understand... seeing as he is an everyman that just wants to see his wife and life back to the way it was and is being pursued by a shady group that he used to work for.

The first half basically highlights his struggle with his grotesque transformation into an alien and how the government experiments on him because he becomes to 1st human ever to use alien tech, seeing as the alien's tech is activated by alien DNA.

One thing that will lead most to believe there's a sequel coming, is that most information about the alien's motives have gone untold. Besides, the ending also suggests that. They kinda left a load of shit hanging.

But the final battle, where Wikas gets into an alien walker mech, is awesome. He turns around from being a selfish little bitch and starts dishing out pain to the mercenaries.

Ol' Spiky's Rating: 3.5/5 It's not the perfect movie. It grossed me out. I failed to see the internal struggle of the character but it's an overall solid movie, keeps you wanting more and that alien walker mech fight alone gets an extra 1.5 from me.

A'ite then. Peace.

2 comments:

Elly said...

dude dude, we (me and palm) are not picky... and we kinda flexible with our funds as well. but why u never ask us?? :((

Yoong said...

lol... Last time I checked, you guys weren't fans of sci-fi so I didn't bother. Besides, it was Friday night, I assumed you guys were working at that time.

And the funds part doesn't apply to you la, come on! =P