Monday, August 17, 2009

My Take on Religion

There’s one thought that keeps passing my mind and I keep using it especially when I’m talking to certain people, in regards to religion.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. I’m just putting it out there.

I’ve had times where I feel like the floor’s been yanked beneath me and I’ve just gotten lost. Usually it’s just stress and I find that I need something desperately to cling onto. That’s when I look to Him. Yeah, God.

But nah… every time I do, I remember how foolish faith is. Blindly believing.

I don’t have any qualms with any religion. I just have a problem with the concept of religion. I personally find it weak of people, to hand in their lives and leave it in the hands of something that has no substantial proof of existing.

It’s probably why I can’t accept religion... because it makes me feel weak, that I have to resort to cling onto nothingness in desperation and hoping one day, some day it will save you.

Then what do I believe in? Myself, despite being flawed, disappointing and imperfect. Strength comes from admitting, but not accepting weakness. I suppose I can go around and argue that when people feel that accepting religion is a weakness, they can be stronger, too.

Then again… I am looking for answers, if there’s such a thing as a God, an omnipotent being that created all and is responsible for everything that happens to every being in existence. Or is just that… everything happens due to random chance due to limitless interactions between beings from epic scales to the molecular level?

I suppose I can admit that by believing that there are answers out there, I am semi-accepting the existence of a being I have never seen, heard or felt, and that makes me weak. Then I accept that weakness, and thus my strength comes from my efforts into finding these answers.

Well, that’s my take on religion and this's just one glass panel on the kaleidoscope of whole take on religion. I realize it’s a sensitive subject, but I harbour no negative feelings to any religion in particular. You can go ahead and argue what you think of it.

Peace.

No comments: