Sunday, July 20, 2008

DARK KNIGHT



Summer Movie of '08, for sure!

Fuck… It’s one damn long movie, clocking in at 2 hours and a half! Despite it being so long, it doesn’t numb your ass ‘cause it keeps you on the edge of your seat with every sentence. Let me get this out of my way first… Everything they said about Heath Ledger’s Joker is true. He is truly, the best Joker ever made. He made it his own and it gave birth to a character that was never before this psychotic yet intelligent.

The whole movie is dominated by the Joker’s mad scheme to prove that the world is a worse place than it already is and also to kill Batman. Batman was just some other dude in the movie. He just comes in, saves the day, contemplates in a corner, whines a bit and then saves the day again. Still, Christian Bale once again proves that he is the real deal and no one can disagree with me.

This movie is by far, the best summer movie this time round. Nobody comes close. Everything about the movie is perfect. Except perhaps the time length but every scene, every second was there to make a point. The gadgets, vehicles and action sequences were tight as well. Imagine, I didn’t even care that the Tumbler blew up! Hahahhaa…

Anyways, its one movie that will blow your mind. Go watch it. For your own sake.

Ol’ Spiky’s Rating: 5/5 Perfect-o. There’s nothing I can possibly think of complaining about.

I have to admit that I loved the movie so much, I bought the Lego Batmobile (the 1st movie model, not the Tumbler). It looks so noiiiccee~! Peace out y’all!

No comments: