Sunday, May 11, 2008

It’s Been a Sappy Period

Either it’s me being unfortunate or there’re really loads of people born in the mid-year. 1st it was Altaf, now Taqi, which was just recently and then I had an aunt or grand aunt that had a birthday. Zabrin’s birthday is also coming up. Piumi’s as well. Some people are going to get awfully broke. Most are already broke. I included.

Dayem… Well, I’ll try to post whatever I can remember, which, unfortunately, isn’t much. On the night of Taqi’s birthday, we went to Sheesh Mahal. Yeah, bring on the puns. I know you want to. Hehehehe… It’s located opposite SJMC, on the row with D’Tandoor, some SJ hotel and a Japanese restaurant. Forgot the damned name.

Anyways, we went separately by cab. I, Nabilah, Piumi and Shakir went 1st. Taqi, Suhail, Raashid and Altaf came later. Fathima, Shradda, Rushdi and Kokum joined us later on. I would think that the staff of the restaurant has never seen the place this lively at all. We were all laughing, making jokes in every language that can be understood by majority of the crowd.

I soon found out the Pakistani food they were serving had almost no difference to the north Indian food I was accustomed to back in Ipoh. We ordered butter chicken, which is well, a chicken dish in gravy that is a mix of spices, butter, duh, and perhaps some of that yoghurt that these people love so much. We also ordered the pala paneer (pardon the error, if there is), which is a dish that is a blended mix of various vegetables, preferably spinach, I heard, and cottage cheese. Amazing stuff. I think the last dish was some mutton curry… Spicy as hell and made me think twice about ever visiting Sri Lanka in the future. All of us except Fathima and Shradda had the dishes with some plain naan and some other flat bread thingy. Kinda like thin pieces of pita. The naan pieces were small and I think the naan back in Ipoh is much, much better… I would’ve loved to try their kashmiri naan (a naan with berries and nuts) but since we were such a huge group, I decided to try it some other time.

Besides, I will go back to Sheesh Mahal with my family since they are fans of north Indian cuisine.

After eating, we decided to go for bowling since they said that lanes were going to be available after 11 pm. Insane, yeah. The girls followed Kokum ‘cause he had a car and the rest of us wandered in the nearby area looking for a cab. Rikaz, Shakir, Piumi and Suhail left 1st when they found a cab. Me, Raashid, Rushdi and Taqi had to wait roughly ten minutes until a cab came and it passed us and stopped at the traffic light. These guys told me to get it (turns out they were joking) and lo and behold, I got the cab! These guys ran like bitches to the traffic light and we managed to all get in before the green light came on. Phew~!

Bowling was alright. Our team of me, Rushdi, Taqi, Raashid and Shradda lost by less than 10 points. All of their players except Fathima were scoring 100 and above and our average score was pretty evened out. Although Rushdi managed to make a strike and score a spare in the last frame, we still lost. Daaammnn…

Ah well… a good night indeed. Peace out y’all!

P.S: Would LOVE to see Man Utd getting raped tonight by Wigan! C’MON WIGGAAANNN~!!!!

1 comment:

shak said...

hell yea! ManuU's gna get doogie doogie! =D

hehe, that was an awesome nite eh... good food, good fun =)