Saturday, May 24, 2008

Red Moon

Damn it… 1st of all, I’d wanna, grudgingly, congratulate Manchester United on their recent Champions League win. Well-played match for both sides but evidently the LUCKIER team won.

I can’t believe I actually forgot that that night was the finals and I went ahead and booked a session tomorrow morning at the gym. Luckily Suhail reminded me before I went to bed. So, I set my alarm in time for the match instead.

I woke up to the alarm, thankfully fresh and not feeling fucked up. So, I went to Rikaz’s place and most of them were there already. Shakir, Rikaz, Zabrin were there, of course, joined by Yaseen, Bala and Suhail. Rushdi came soon after me. Had a bit of stomach trouble so I missed say, the 1st 10 minutes?

What followed through the whole 1st half was absolutely amazing. Dives, shots and saves that sent all of us berserk. The jokes that were cracked that night were nothing short of hilarious… Ranging from Ronaldo’s want for money to shop more, to his dives, Man U’s manager’s gum habit to absolute pure racism.

There was one point where Ronaldo got tackled hard and fell. Don’t worry, this is one of the few times that his falls are *actually* GENUINE. He was clutching his leg and Rushdi started ad libbing Ronaldo, “Noo… leg is paining… My shopping leg!” HAHAHAHHA~! I gotta say that everyone was so nervous, cramps were happening on every side of the pitch.

I think there was a part right before Drogba did a pansy slap on Vidic, there were a few Chelsea players that had groin cramps or something. One guy got on the ground and the orange monster started helping him stretch. I don’t know about you guys but since we were joking around so much, it was hilarious while they were stretching. We were jumping up and down, laughing and howling like mad.

I’m telling you, at least a month of laughs were done there that night. The jokes started to subside as the match went on. The game was stuck at a constant 1-1 and stayed so until the penalty shoot out. As Rushdi puts it, “This is the time when every emotion is shown”. How true. It was a truly nail-biting shoot out as the winner was declared only after the 7th shot.

*sigh*

Another season of football has gone by and finals have rolled on in…

Back to work, then.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: