Thursday, May 1, 2008

IRON MAN



I am, Iron Man...

I would’ve watched this movie providing there was a sneak preview but Altaf’s birthday was tomorrow and by Indahvilla tradition, there was to be a party. I left a tad early and it was diving before it even began so I’m afraid I don’t have much to say.

Anyways, screw that. Yeah, like that moron on the chatbox to the right said, this li’l fan boy went to watch Iron Man at Pyramid TGV. I have no idea how I managed to wrangle 11 people together to go watch it. Hahahaa…



WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION! =P

On with the review. The casting was amazing, 1 thing that was for sure. Downey portrayed Stark with ease and perfection. He nailed the alcoholic, tech-obsessed, playboy millionaire persona. Gwyneth Paltrow looked surprisingly plain as Pepper Potts but I suppose she IS supposed to be plain. Somehow I felt that all the characters were absurdly downtoned compared to their comic personas. Obadiah Stane’s turn from supposed ally into the villainous Iron Monger happened so fast that you swear he was on pot the 1st half of the movie. Rhodey was just plain sad, man. Nuff’ said.

Now – the armour… It was one hell of a masterpiece. It definitely looks like they took a leaf out of Transformers and went for a proper piece of sweet ass technology. The 1st armour looks really crappy, of course and the pre-Extremis armour looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING in real life. The way he puts it on is just cool, man… Really reminds you of the Starcraft 2 trailer where the Marine gets suited up.

Unfortunately, the final fight between Iron Monger and Iron Man was just sad. Would’ve loved Iron Man to have knocked Iron Monger a bit here and there and repulsored him in the balls! Instead they have a race into the atmosphere and see who can *not* freeze first.

7.5/10 overall, but a disappointing 3/10 for the ending alone. Still, a must watch to be awed by the adrenaline rush and tech hotness.

What can I say, I’m a fan. =D


Peace out y’all.

P.S: Still haven’t gotten the photos yet. Bear with me. Have a video but super crappy quality. Once again, bear with me.

No comments: