Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saved By The Freeloaders - EDITED

I was convinced by a trio of beautiful women and 2 dudes to attend the Monash Welcome Back Party. How can a mere mortal resist? Manil asked me a few days prior to the event and Rikaz asked me like 2 days before. The girls finally sealed the deal the night before. I’m telling you, they kept true to the word and I had one hell of a fucking blast that night! NOTHING can emulate what happened that night!

I wish I had pictures to show you how it was but I guess all that can suffice are my words. Well, first of all it was RM10 per ticket, mediocre Malaysian food consisting of the ever-popular fried mihun, chicken rending, surprisingly, sambosas and oddly, sausages. It was a mix of old school buffet and lame surprises in the menu. Drinks, we had to buy ourselves. Dang.

The seats we got were horrible as well as they gave us spare tables which were drenched in rain and the bloody water was slipping off the ends and onto my pants. Somehow deep in me that I knew this party was a bad idea, like all the rest that I have went before. I still remember two particular ones, both barbeques. One I had false hope with and another which I was more or less tricked into it.

Only good thing at that time was good company and good music. Although they were pumping the same ‘ol same ‘ol R&B songs of past and present, I was in the party mood. Ominously jiggy.

=D

But a party with just so little to enjoy would’ve probably earned Manil a spot on the chopping block with all the other party hosts I should/would’ve killed. Most fortunately for him, he made at least 1 correct choice in the night’s attractions. Before I skip to the good parts, let me add that the MC of the night was corny then in CIMP and corny now. Face it, state champion he may be, but that boy’s got a long way to go before he can start using pro beats for his own.

I would seriously agree with the following statement that was uttered from each pair of lips attending the shindig. The Freeloaders saved Manil’s ass. Big time. They were probably the only reason why I even enjoyed the party and didn’t leave that soon. I have to admit that Shazwan is a man transformed on stage. He sheds the lame jokes and becomes one badass motherfucker on stage. They performed Can’t Stop, Megalomaniac, Seven Nation Army, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, one more song that I can’t remember at this moment and lastly, Velvet Revolver’s Slither. All were performed with finesse and none failed to impress. I still wished that Jeremy took the time to learn how to play Slash’s solo on Slither. I would add on how some people were acting like maniacs on the dance floor and on the stage but I guess people were just having a good time.

The band performance was one of the few highlights of the night. The others are being dancing my arse off like no tomorrow and actually being surrounded by chicks instead of attending the usual sausage fest in clubs. I’ll leave that to your own imagination and the last highlight, well, let’s just say that people can surprise you in the way you least expect it.

For those who came, I hope you had fun. For those who didn’t, you missed out big. Peace out y’all.

P.S: I kept my promise. *wink* *wink*

No comments: