Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Revolution of Action

At least that's what the motto is for Cabal Online, a new online game that recently surfaced in this region (South East Asia). When my brother came over to Sunway to join MUFY, I saw him playing this really interesting online game. Gameplay looks simple enough, interactive interface, top-notch graphics, wicked ass moves and of course, the best of all, it’s free! I had to get in on it.

Hmm… I really have to express wonder when some people were like, “Woah, you’re playing an online game?!” Is it that strange? You think I can’t commit hours to play? No, seriously, I can’t. I have to study.

=P

Truth be told, I like this game is because of the leveling. It’s not like previous online games I’ve played, like RO and Ran Online. Leveling’s like trying to convince Britney Spears to stop fucking up her life. Now this game, I can take my time yet reach acceptable levels without staring into a virtual world for days.

There’s so much more I could tell you but it would just be plain ass boring. Let’s have a look at a few screenshots at the game. Perhaps a gameplay video as well.

First, some concept art from Cabal itself.



The Blader class with Osmium armour and weapons



All classes with Osmium armour and weapons

Let me just add some technical info regarding this game. This is seriously one game that does not emphasize too much in one character class. Everyone can do insane amounts of damage and everyone can look good doing it. All that matters is your preference of how the game goes and what tickles your visual fancy.



Warrior, Wizard and Force Blader



Force Archer, Blader and Force Shielder

Force Archer – Your ordinary archer. No need to buy arrows ‘cause all your main skills ARE arrows. For Bleach fans, here’s the Quincy, Cabal style. Only later he’ll get a physical bow. Once again, like Quincys.

Force Shielder – Kind of like the only sword and shield character around. Shifts slightly more towards defensive tactics but as I said before, everyone can kick ass and look good.

Force Blader – A balance between speed and magic. A warrior-mage, if you must. Uses one blade and one magic weapon. (Gauntlets with orbs in them)

Warrior – The powerhouse. The tanker. Wields the bap sword. Basically, the FF7 Buster Sword variation.

Wizard – Your common mage. Casts offensive and defensive spells. Wields dual orb gauntlets.

Blader – The class that I’m using right now. Wields two swords or katanas and has wicked ass sword skills that would put Himura Kenshin to shame.

I’m still kinda low leveled so all the eye candy’s going to come later. Much later. Maybe in a month. Or a week. =D



My character, Verodox. Just level 20-ish.



Again, with Lightning Aura. Choiy~!

Alright, graphics look tight so far, perhaps even rivaling WoW. Check these gameplay videos out. 1st one is an official one. After that it’s a display of a common skill known as Battle Mode in Cabal, where you gain insane powers for awhile.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si-JhnOYicY&NR=1
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHub2699UPE

Choiy~! If you decide to join, gimme a heads up.

Two Decades – The Part Where My Wallet Bleeds

Yeah, seeing as it is my birthday, I suppose I am expected to give out a free treat… So, I decided to take these guys for dinner at Pizza Hut. I was considering Nandos but after what happened to Saad… I decided to screw it.

There were uh… 12 people, including myself. Actually, 13, but 1 guy came at the VERY end. We had a good meal and all that. Rikaz decided to be an idiot and tried to embarrass me by singing a birthday song with much misplaced enthusiasm.

After that, we decided to go bowling since everyone was pretty much dressed up and had time to kill. The girls (except Piumi) left for home with Altaf in tow. Me, Rushdi, Rikaz, Shakir, Taqi, Chandu Mai and Yash bowled. Piumi and Yaseen just watched. I can’t remember the results in full but me and Shakir drew and got like 3rd or 4th place. Man… absolutely amazing game.

After that we went to Medan to play some CS and HL2. Challenged a few Indons to some CS maps and then later we just fooled around on HL2. Gotta admit that the game’s getting monotonous. I rocket you, you rocket me. But heck, sometimes we just gotta satisfy the inner Rambo in us. Heh heh heh…

Phew… long ass post, I know. So, it’ll be awhile until the next post. Will be busy coming days with exams and piling assignments. Fuck~

Alrighty then, peace out y‘all!

No comments: