Monday, July 2, 2007

Gone But Not Forgotten (?)

Today, after I came back from my afternoon session of gym, I took a packet of cookies (the ones that had that cream in between, not Oreos, those crackers) and sat down in the living room couch and read today's papers. I heard my grandma came out of the altar room and then sort-of berated me for not uh, how do we say, pay my respects ever since I came back.

*sigh*

At 1st I was like, "Aw man... Fine fine..." and then I realized that maybe the whole purpose of this is to not forget the people who we cherish the most. I mean, if you think about it, you wouldn't want to be forgotten, right? I guesss that's what my grandma is trying to do, futilely attempting to instill that into my head. I think I've gotten into a fair bit of arguments regarding this issue, of remembering people. The paying respects thing is sorta part of the rememberance issue so I'll treat it as a whole thing altogether. I think I've talked about this before with some people like my mum and maybe Khai or Ivan (concerning Chee King, of course). I, try not to think about this people like, forever, if I can. Seriously, forgetting is no problem to me at all. This is because when you think it about it, you get depressed, etc, etc... So, I think, for me, I like to keep things that way. Hopefully to never look back at anything and keep living life as though nothing has happened. It is something that I do and though it may sound negative and reflect "badly" upon my character, you can't exactly blame a guy for trying to stay happy, right? So, think about it... If you had the chance to erase all the memories about one dead person (since you can't just have happy memories of him 'cause eventually you WILL remember that his ass is 6 feet under), would you do it? I sure as hell will. That person is long dead and gone. But, if I had a choice to only have the happy memories without the memories of him being dead, I would take that choice. Too bad the human mind doesn't work that way, eh?

Peace out y'all...

No comments: