Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tis' The Month of March

I seriously can't believe how fast time has past. Things have just went and gone like nothing... New Year's, those Sri Lankan pipes coming back to M'sia, VU, CNY, suffering in VU... Damn... Suddenly I had the time to sit back and dwell on some thoughts I've had over the past few days. Weird "What if?" questions and plenty of analysis on the strange dreams I've had throughout the year. It's really weird sometimes when the past comes back and screams right in your face.

Women

No, I'm not talking about HER again. Although I did see her, but... I think things have gotten better. My heart doesn't skip a beat any more when I see her. I might have moved on, finally. I have had some weird thoughts, like getting back together with her, but it’s impossible. Not after all I’ve said and done and… well, you know. Maybe uni does have the right chick for me. Who knows? Already spotted a few chicks in VU, thanks to Ivan’s watchful “hawk eyes”. But seriously, girls that you see with you eye aren’t necessarily the girls you will come to like and make our girlfriend. For all you know, your best friend could very well be your soul mate. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, love is not based on sex or looks or money (although the modern society tends to lean towards these things), it’s based on what’s inside. The most important thing to look for in a girl, to me, is respect, dignity and confidence. Seriously, I am sick and tired of girls who play hard to catch by playing the estranged heroine who needs a whole lotta loving. A girl which is confident (not arrogant) and radiates an aura of dignity is definitely what I’m looking for. A girl with make up thicker than the dust in an abandoned WWII house and a skirt short enough to be used as car-wash rag are just toys for boys. Hell yeah.

Unjust Ethics

During one lunch with Ivan, Kang Wei and Aaron, Ivan had this rather un-nigga-ish attitude going on. He, for once, didn’t say his fave line of the week, “Y’all niggas ain’t shit” which will be swiftly replied by either me or Kang Wei, for the umpteenth time “Y’all niggas EAT shit”, and started talking about some stuff like friendship, M’sia sending out troops for no apparent reason and the why the 3 major food outlets (Orange, Pink and White) were closed. The friendship talk had some tension in it and I was afraid of an argument exploding so I decided to sit it out. For the M’sian troops part, I couldn’t care less. Sure it might be a few extra guns missing, but hey, we’re not exactly picking fights with anyone. However, what I was interested in was the reason why the 3 shops were closed. From what Ivan heard from one of the ladies that sold her food in orange, it seems that the owner of Medan, the food court nearby, decided to take out the competition in a very dirty way by bribing the cops, and proving that they were operating without a license. Oh joy. Very ethical, mate. Applause applause. Seriously, if you want to win, win it with your own skill, not by cheating like this. So, if you guys believe this story, show your support by boycotting Medan! Cheap bastards!

God of War

As you all might already know, this was the game of the year for either 2006 or 2005. Can’t remember for the life of me. Since Rushdi had brought his PS2 over to M’sia, I decided to make good use of it and play some games that X-Play had recommended years ago. So, this being the game of the year, I tried it out.

IT WAS NOTHING SHORT OF SPECTACULAR

Graphics – 5/5
Audio – 5/5
Gameplay – 12/10
Storyline – 9.5/10


This is the rating I am giving it. The gameplay might seem like you regular hack and slash but have you ever controlled a character that can kill opponents with blades attached to his arms by chains that are seared into his flesh?! That’s what I call freakin’ innovation. Kratos is by far the coolest Spartan hero ever. Screw Hercules, man. I advise you… If you have a PS2 and looking for new games to play and you are willing to play anything… Get God of War.




In your face Ares! I have conquered you!

I guess that's it for this post, then. Peace out y'all!

No comments: