Thursday, March 29, 2007

Till The Roof Cometh Down ~

I guess in the month of April, I should have really expected that Qing Meng would've come sooner or later. It's weird, that in this month, you tend to be reminded of things about the people that you're about to visit. Funny thing was that I remembered those exact moments when I was outside my dad's hospital room when he died. Those moments when the doctor came out, and said, "I'm sorry but he has passed away". Every moment from the time I uttered, "You gotta be joking me" to the time I started punching everything in the room in frustration. Odd, isn't it?

Unker Lam Hong

He loves to call himself that. Uncle Lam Hong is my dad's best friend. I just came back from dinner with him. He took me out to this nice Italian place in Klang. Incredible food and atmosphere. Only problem was that it had a romantic atmosphere because somehow the power box of that particular block kinda blew a fuse and there were candles all over. He told me that he that he always dreams about the people that he knows that passed away when Qing Meng is coming. Totally creepy. I seriously wouldn't want my dad to be standing over me in the dead of the night. We had a total blast. I wouldn't call it a catching up session but we talked so much. About me, VU, new band, that kind of stuff and he was going on about business that he was doing and stuff like that. He also talked about those insane times he had with my dad. Terribly hilarious stories of AO-rated proportions. He told me about the time he got this virgin engineer client laid in Thailand by paying the chick a 500 dollar tip. That guy instantly went for a HIV check up the next day. I was laughing all the way back home, man. I definitely will go out with him again.

VU Night – Where all your fantasies come true

Right… So says all them prom promoters. Seriously, it can be the stuff of nightmares. Just ask Ivan. Alright, he got chosen as one of the 12-16 guy/girl thing for some cultural show thingy for VU Night. Every participant has to have a partner to strut their stuff on the catwalk with. Our dear lucky Ivan got chick that has makeup thicker than any Joker imitator could ever have and thighs that have a diameter larger than my head ( as Kang Wei and Ivan love to say it). Unfortunately for Ivan, he had this humanitarian streak in him when she asked him to be her partner for that event. So he said yes and gave this excuse saying that he has felt the brunt of rejection and it wasn’t nice to feel that way. Ah well. Applause applause, Ivan. On my human side, that’s what I would say. However when the news came, I was more on my sadistic and perverted humorous side. Therefore, I laughed my balls off after ALL the shit we said about her yesterday at Kim Gary. Anyways, good luck to him waltzing with her on the stage. On a happier note, hopes of me performing seem to be better. There was this guy, Kelvin, which I met at Maison previously, that recognized me for that “Durian” comment Mr Tee made about me during tutorials and lectures, that was a guitarist and he’s willing to jam with me. Thank the Gods of Olympus! I did promise Ivan about a chance for him to perform one day. He says that he would like to make this time that time. The problem (for my ego, that is) is that he’s already taking the prom queen there (aka “Ashley”) and also one of the dudes of the 16 guy/girl thingy. Adding one more thing will just well, basically make him king of the whole god damn night! Ah well, we’ll see what happens. If it happens for him, I will still be remembered as one of the people that made him who he is. Excellent!

Ah well. I guess that’s all that I can remember for now. Until the roof comes down on VU Night, I bid you… Peace out y’all!

No comments: