Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking Back Into 2009

Well, here it is. The very last day of another year. Again. But I gotta say this year was very different compared to others? Why? Simple, for most of it I wasn’t in my decrepit home country, Malaysia. Okay, maybe the place deserves more credit than I give it but that’s another matter.

Well… let’s see… I’ve definitely discovered the joys of drinking socially; it’s not a bad thing. I’m sure there’re most of you who’ll roll your eyes and shit like that but sure, we’re all entitled to our own opinions.

Not-so-familiar-classmates have become good friends. Acquaintances have become friends. Idiots have been cast aside as the natural progression of social Darwinism takes place. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting more amazing people that add more colours and meaning to my life. So, here’s to you people. Abhi, Bob, Elly, Palm, Pui Yee, Shevoune, Su, Sarah, Bon, Carissa, Kang Wei, Daniel, Carmen, and Eric. You foos made my time really enjoyable in Melbourne.

And let’s not forget the old Indah crowd, even though far away, but still very entertaining indeed. The 706 girls, Nix, Nabila (congrats on getting married!) and Piumi. The 706 lads, Rushdi, Taqi, Rahul and to a lesser extent, Saad, you goat-raping, phone-stealing bastard! The 710 lads, Raashid and Suheil… and Rashmi, even though most of the time you ain’t there! The 709 dudes, Zabreen, Rikaz and especially Shakir, bunch of haramis you guys. Cheers to you lads. And though this is super late, thanks for that farewell present!

Learnt loads of shit about life in Melbourne. I had my eyes opened further. I’ve went from vindictive to loving the country. It’s beautiful scenery, the fun and very, very beautiful people and of course, your beautiful weather (not counting summer, you bastard).

I’ve seen things… experienced a lot of new things. Very thankful for that. I got to know her… I’m still confused over where I stand in this whole mess my mind has made up, but I’m glad that’s off my chest. Out of sight, out of mind, as they all say.

I’ve lived like never before in that country. I guess I have my mum to thank for that, financing this overly expensive son of hers to a city as amazing as Melbourne.

So, I suppose, it’s only fair that I be thankful for this amazing year, for it’s amazing people I have met, for the amazing experiences I have been able to experience and for my chance to count how much “amazing”s I have used in this post alone. Amazing. That’s another one.

Here’s to you, 2009. Ye have been a great year, but your time’s up.

Peace.

No comments: